Predator Pro XHP-35 Group buy

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
For anyone who is interested, Andrew and Amanda are currently hosting a group buy on their website for the Armytek Predator Pro XHP-35.

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast
Curious why AA always seems to stock new AT lights, long before they even make it onto AT's own website. Hope the specs are less embellished this time around (the Predator Pro XP-L HI was originally advertised as putting out over 70k CD).

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
Curious why AA always seems to stock new AT lights, long before they even make it onto AT's own website. Hope the specs are less embellished this time around (the Predator Pro XP-L HI was originally advertised as putting out over 70k CD).
scs; I don't currently own any Armytek lights but am interested in getting one. I've been looking at the Predator pro XP-L for a while and when I saw they were putting an XHP-35 emitter in it I am now even more interested. From reading everything I can about the co., it seems they make very durable highly rated lights but tend to exaggerate the specs on them. However,from reading yours' and other posts they appear to be lacking in the customer service dept. as well as quality control. There seems to be a bit of a gamble on getting a light that is built correctly. I also wonder why AA is stocking these lights before AT puts them on their website. Do you think these are a pre-production version of the PP XHP-35 that AT is using for beta testing? Because of your previous experiences, I would value any thoughts you have regarding this light.

Update; Just called A&A and they claim that the Armytek website in Canada is just a vendor like themselves. They just have the domain name of AT. I was told their market in Canada is much smaller than the US. Apparently all AT products originate in China and A&A just got them first.

Last edited:

ledmitter_nli

Flashlight Enthusiast
scs; I don't currently own any Armytek lights but am interested in getting one. I've been looking at the Predator pro XP-L for a while and when I saw they were putting an XHP-35 emitter in it I am now even more interested. From reading everything I can about the co., it seems they make very durable highly rated lights but tend to exaggerate the specs on them. However,from reading yours' and other posts they appear to be lacking in the customer service dept. as well as quality control. There seems to be a bit of a gamble on getting a light that is built correctly. I also wonder why AA is stocking these lights before AT puts them on their website. Do you think these are a pre-production version of the PP XHP-35 that AT is using for beta testing? Because of your previous experiences, I would value any thoughts you have regarding this light.

Update; Just called A&A and they claim that the Armytek website in Canada is just a vendor like themselves. They just have the domain name of AT. I was told their market in Canada is much smaller than the US. Apparently all AT products originate in China and A&A just got them first.

So Armytech is really a Chinese company?

scs

Flashlight Enthusiast

vincent3685, AT seems to have begun making improvements. For starters, it has finally revised the specs for the max output and throw of the Predator Pro and Dobermann Pro with XP-L HI, and specs for the new XHP 35 HI variants of those lights and others do not seem outrageous. I don't know if AT has stopped its practice of selling pre-release models, so I didn't take the chance even when AA had a 25% off sale for the new lights. I suggest you wait for the new offerings to mature. In my experience, AT often continues to modify and sometimes even improves its lights long after their initial release.

I can't and won't vouch for AT lights' durability, performance, or QC just yet, though my 2 AT lights, both second replacements for failed or faulty lights, have continued to function. I'm still waiting for an AT light with which I will be close to being completely satisfied. AT's CS seems to be hit or miss; I've not dealt with it. I will say that if it weren't for AT's advertised 10 year warranty, I would not have risked buying a single AT light.

AFAIK, AT is a Canadian registered company that manufactures lights in China. I believe the AT.com website is the official website and AT.ca is just another branch that better services its Canadian customers.

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
So Armytech is really a Chinese company?

I've read in other posts on here that the company in Canada is located in an apartment or townhouse and is basically just a front for AT. scs says he thinks they are a registered Canadian co. that makes their flashlights in China. Personally, I don't know for sure, but yes all their flashlights are made in China.

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I don't know but shipped a light to Canada and got one shipped back to me for warranty service from Canada. In any case I thought this thread was about the new predator flashlight. Also is that group buy still on.

Last edited:

vincent3685

Newly Enlightened
I don't know but shipped a light to Canada and got one shipped back to me for warranty service from Canada. In any case I thought this thread was about the new predator flashlight. Also is that group buy still on.

Yes, my original post was just to inform others about the Predator flashlight group buy. But since I have no experience with them, I appreciate scs contributing his thoughts on AT. I don't see the GB on A&M's website any longer. My coupon is good until 10/22 and the price is excellent. Still not sure if I want to take part in this myself.