Is there any interest in a Xevision LX70 Group Buy?

toolboy

Newly Enlightened
I thought I would ask the membership here before I even inquired with Xevision. I missed the initial buy a couple years ago and was wondering if anyone else has been saving their pop cans to get one of these LX 70 light cannons. I realize it is about the single most expensive flashlights out there but I guess high end build quality and unmatched performance warrants the high price. I am just looking for a way to aquire one without selling my plasma for the next 5 years.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yes, I am interested.

It looks like XeVision XeRay XV-LX70 is an item that still occupies a salient position on the size/power continuum. This, even after a few years of explosive growth in high power hand held LED flashlight performance.

I am looking for something with power and throw specs that five-pound HID offers; and the XV-LX70 looks not too big and not too heavy considering the throw and lumens specs that it offers, which still, after all these years, outperform the current crop of high power hand held LED flashlights.

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
I will also buy one. I also like the diffuser and yellow filter accessories. Although it's pretty clear that a group by did not get enough support. Did you guys buy one on your own?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
No, not yet. I still trying to gather information on what is happening out there in the playing field of high quality hand held HID.

What brands/makes/models are currently happening?

The links in the sticky topic date way back, years ago, to a bygone era when teenagers did NOT say "I do not know what Led Zeppelin is, I just got this tee shirt from the Salvation Army."

Well, anyway, Who, What is on the current hand-held HID playing field? It looks like XeVision XeRay XV-LX70 is currently a live item.

I am looking for something with power and throw specs that five-pound HID offers; and the XV-LX70 looks not too big and not too heavy considering the throw and lumens specs that it offers.

What (else) is currently happening in hand-held HID?

Last edited:

BeastFlashlight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Long time ago, but I either found the old group buy too late, or it fell apart, can't remember. I was on a few group buy waiting lists before so I could be getting them mixed up but I think it fell apart because like this one it didn't get enough people.

I'm not an expert but I don't think you'll beat that light in the 5 lb range. But how deep are your pockets?? They say everything is for sale right? I always wanted to see someone throw a sweet offer at get-lit for his NightSword HID light!! I wonder what he'd let that monster go for? Make him an offer he can't refuse lol. Seriously though there has to be a price he'd say yes to! THAT would be the HID CHAMPION that you are looking for I can tell you that much!

Last edited:

LED1982

Newly Enlightened
No, not yet. I still trying to gather information on what is happening out there in the playing field of high quality hand held HID.

What brands/makes/models are currently happening?

Check out the posts from that member bulbmogul, looks like his posts are all about his mission to go after all the best hand held HIDs. I've been reading posts from XeRay and I really like what he says about his products, the quality sounds second to none. And being made in Germany surely doesn't hurt at all. I just bought a Malkoff, incredible quality, XeRay sounds like Malkoff quality in an HID.

adamlau

Flashlight Enthusiast
Interested. Put me down for one so long as the savings by way of a GB is reasonable.