worst lite ever

raggie33

*the raggedier*
got me a 5 million candle power hand held recharbale spotlight. its aweful it didn't even come with a power cable and its not bright at all I was so excited to play with it and then I was sad.its buy a company called peak. so what lite is ya least fav?

Kestrel

Flashaholic
A freebie 9x 5mm LED 'Harbor Freight'-type flashlight; typical bluish tint naturally, but the let-down is the 3xAAA battery carrier: my first thought was, "ooo, good spot for a single 18500 LiIon". But since it's a direct-drive light - it depends on the internal resistance of the AAA cells to limit current - half of the LED's promptly burned out. Still sitting in a cabinet somewhere for backup lighting - the cheapo AAA cells probably merrily leaking away as I type this, lol. :)

harro

Enlightened
Similar. A cheapo plastic spotlight with a 6 volt halogen H1 globe, and a SLAB of dubious parentage crammed into the back end of the housing. Claims of millions of CANDLEPOWERS, probably for the first 10seconds of runtime, followed by an alarmingly quick yellowing and dimming of the light. Oh well, it came off the top of a pile of probably 200 pcs from the local auto parts store, and was $7 AUD. One can always hope.