• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

3S converter HOLD

McGizmo

Flashaholic
Hi Guys,
[FONT=&quot]Unfortunately I have encountered an issue with the 3S converters from the latest batch that has forced be to return them to Japan for evaluation. As a result, the only converter I am working with now for the 3V lights is the HIVE converter and it is programmed by default for use with RCR 123 rechargeable batteries and not a good choice for use with CR123 batteries unless you chose to reprogram it yourself and back off the current setting on the high level. It will probably be a month or more before I am working with the 3S converters again. It might be a case of a few bad IC's getting included in the batch but I need to get a handle on the nature of the problem from the designer and rely on his expertise on this matter.

[/FONT]

egdima

Newly Enlightened
Re: 3S converter HOLDcentre puntacalle a709

Just an observation: my HiVE light engine in the 119v Haiku was set-up for use with primaries (option 3), I had to reprogram in to option 2 (Li-ion optimal) so that I don't drain my rechargeable batteries too much since their voltage is higher.

F89

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: 3S converter HOLDcentre puntacalle a709

Egdima, your comment is not relevant to this particular thread. On that note, the Hive will function perfectly fine and safe set for primaries (default setting) using 16340 li ion and I actually prefer this setting for that usage. Using the 2xAA setting however isn't optimal for 16340 but I find it preferable for CR123 primary and obviously 2xAA. I don't use the li ion settings at all anymore (unless you want a quite early step down).

Last edited: