Olight X7 Marauder Review (9000 lumens, XHP70, 4x 18650)

mhanlen

Enlightened
Olight X7 Marauder Review

Hey there guys. A few weeks ago Going Gear sent me the Olight X7 for review. I finally finished it Monday, and it's one of my longer reviews. I tested runtimes, outputs, and did a big beamshot section. While it isn't as detailed as some text reviews, it contains many night shots, a full UI demo, and more. It's shot like a short film, with my nice cameras, all on manual settings. Thanks for watching!

markr6

Flashaholic
Great review as always. Stupid bright! An Amazon review sums it up nicely: "Could probably be a helicopter spotlight!" LOL

ven

Flashaholic
Great review as always, might be long as you say, but its easy to sit through:) Does look a real solid package for the money :D

Top stuff mr mhanlen:)

PocketLight88

Newly Enlightened
Great review! This makes me want to get a monster flooder even more! I was hoping they would come out with a neutral white option but the beam doesn't look too blue in the video.

mhanlen

Enlightened
Great review as always. Stupid bright! An Amazon review sums it up nicely: "Could probably be a helicopter spotlight!" LOL

That's basically it. It's like the bat signal!

Great review as always, might be long as you say, but its easy to sit through:) Does look a real solid package for the money :D

Top stuff mr mhanlen:)

For sure. Finally something was able to get close to the Meteor in a good dollar per lumen ratio. That was the king for a while.

Great review! This makes me want to get a monster flooder even more! I was hoping they would come out with a neutral white option but the beam doesn't look too blue in the video.

It's a cool white. I have to do color correcting with the video- because the camera requires it. But it's not too bad.... the beamshot section is probably the most accurate portion of the video, and since I show a variety of tints and keep the color temperature the same then it represents a good tint comparison.

Poppy

Flashaholic
Two thumbs up for another excellent review.

One of the things that I like is that while showing outside beam shots of each light you also subtitle it with its specs... lumens, and cd. I love how you do the run-time sections of your reviews.

This review must have taken you a really long time to put together. THANK YOU so very much.

And now a little plug for Marshall at GoingGear.com
It has already been a few years since I bought my first GOOD led light, January 2013. I bought a TN30 from Marshall at goinggear. He shipped it right away and I was delighted to receive it as quickly as I did. The TN30 is a triple led light 3000 lumens. One of the three LEDs was a different tint, or was failing. Not only did he swap the light out for me, he sent me the replacement before I sent him back the faulty one.

Talk about customer service!

What a great guy! I never hesitate to order from him or to recommend him.

Last edited:

defbear

Newly Enlightened
Thank you for the wonderful review. It answered every question. What a light. And so easy to own. I'm not sure I'm worthy :0

Boots45acp

Newly Enlightened
Very nice review - Thank you.
Now I am even more excited as X7vn is due to arrive tomorrow... Vihn pumped this bad boy up to 16,200 lumens.

Last edited:

mhanlen

Enlightened
Two thumbs up for another excellent review.

One of the things that I like is that while showing outside beam shots of each light you also subtitle it with its specs... lumens, and cd. I love how you do the run-time sections of your reviews.

This review must have taken you a really long time to put together. THANK YOU so very much.

And now a little plug for Marshall at GoingGear.com
It has already been a few years since I bought my first GOOD led light, January 2013. I bought a TN30 from Marshall at goinggear. He shipped it right away and I was delighted to receive it as quickly as I did. The TN30 is a triple led light 3000 lumens. One of the three LEDs was a different tint, or was failing. Not only did he swap the light out for me, he sent me the replacement before I sent him back the faulty one.

Talk about customer service!

What a great guy! I never hesitate to order from him or to recommend him.

Yep, Marshall is a great dude- super nice and awesome customer service. The reviews do take a while to put together. Trying to find free time to shoot and edit them is the tough part. Thanks a lot man!

Great review, thanks.

Thanks!

Thank you for the wonderful review. It answered every question. What a light. And so easy to own. I'm not sure I'm worthy :0

I hope it did. I tried to cover everything. Occasionally I forget to mention or add something, but I try to be relatively comprehensive in the info.

Very nice review - Thank you.
Now I am even more excited as X7vn is due to arrive tomorrow... Vihn pumped this bad boy up to 16,200 lumens.

Holy crap! What a lumen monster. What tint is it, if you don't mind me asking?

adirondackdestroyer

Flashlight Enthusiast
Awesome review! This light really is one of the most impressive ones on the market, I only wish there was a discount code or a group buy to bring the price down a little further.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
Excellent review mhanlen, thanks. Impressive stock light!

The vn version at 16200 lumens ( turn on) is 6500k. There is a shaved dome version at 15000 that would be around 5500-6000k probably, and a NW version available if wanted. [emoji4]

HIDSGT

Enlightened
so basically Olight produced another pop-can light with a whopping 313 meters of throw! wow! LAME!

so the last flagship light Olight produced was the SR96 and THIS is its replacement? all I can say about this light is its WEAK! pop-can lights are no different then the flood light hanging over my garage door that goes off at nite smh. it throws about the same as this light does.

OMG 9000 lumens let me run out and buy this. I have seen this light in person and its anything but impressive just like any of the other poop-can lights. lumens don't mean poop without at least some decent throw. 313 meters isn't decent its pathetic!

Doomsday

Newly Enlightened
so basically Olight produced another pop-can light with a whopping 313 meters of throw! wow! LAME!

so the last flagship light Olight produced was the SR96 and THIS is its replacement? all I can say about this light is its WEAK! pop-can lights are no different then the flood light hanging over my garage door that goes off at nite smh. it throws about the same as this light does.

OMG 9000 lumens let me run out and buy this. I have seen this light in person and its anything but impressive just like any of the other poop-can lights. lumens don't mean poop without at least some decent throw. 313 meters isn't decent its pathetic!
https://youtu.be/q4pbM9HR16E?t=3m57s

X9 - Supposedly 12000 lumens with a built in fan

tonkem

Enlightened

This light is not meant to throw. Hence the shallow reflectors.