Need help selecting custom lightbar driver!

tommydonovan

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I've built a custom lightbar and need something to drive it. I have 30 Cree xhp70 leds in a makersled 18 inch light bar. Now I need a driver. I got a constant current, 1200watt driver from Ebay. Seems like it's kind of unreliable. Anyone know of a driver that can run ten of these in series at ~5 amps. Voltage would be somewhere around 65 based on my tests. I'm going to run it on my truck and have 100 amps or so to power it. If anyone is interested I can snap some pictures of the lightbar- it's going to be pretty sweet if I get it running.

Lexel

Enlightened
Even if you run that 1200W driver at 12V from car battery and cool it properly the max input current is like 20-25A so you get 240-300W you can power LEDs with

If you run it at a higher voltage the output power gets higher up to 1200W

you can run 6 of the XHP70 with one of those DC-DC converters safely
those drivers are at gearbest or banggodd about 20$ each

tommydonovan

Newly Enlightened
Even if you run that 1200W driver at 12V from car battery and cool it properly the max input current is like 20-25A so you get 240-300W you can power LEDs with

If you run it at a higher voltage the output power gets higher up to 1200W

you can run 6 of the XHP70 with one of those DC-DC converters safely
those drivers are at gearbest or banggodd about 20$ each

I figure three of those would be sufficient for around 900 watts total. They seem like they might be unreliable and was hoping someone knew of a better boost driver.