See What 90K Lumens Can Do

sgt253

Enlightened
That is cool! The possibilities are endless...light painting, geographical mapping, Search and Rescue, etc...Awesome!

easilyled

Flashaholic
I wouldn't want it to get into the wrong hands though! Can you imagine what it would be like if some naughty kids had it hovering over your bedroom window at night?

m4a1usr

Enlightened
I wouldn't want it to get into the wrong hands though! Can you imagine what it would be like if some naughty kids had it hovering over your bedroom window at night?

It's interesting you brought night flying as it hadn't even dawned on me some of the issues associated with Small UAS vehicles operating in darkness. I decided to download Part 107 of the FAA rules governing these craft and it turns out there are daylight/ night restrictions. Seems that under the Operating Rules section, sub section i; Daytime Operations UAS flights are restricted to daylight and "Civil Twilight". Described as that time where its not completely dark, either dawn or dusk. Waivers are granted but to commercial, civil/govt agencies as well as entities engaged in research and development (R&D).

Now to a disclaimer. I'm not passing judgment on the guy in the video. After all who doesn't want to know more about a custom LED build? And it simply wouldn't be as impressive unless it was shot in darkness. So please don't take my post as implying anything directed towards the video.

Up All Night

Enlightened
That . . . was visually stunning! The cascade of shadows in the trees was incredible, perception challenging at times.
Cue the spike in UFO sightings.

Thanks for posting that link Timothybil. Most enjoyable! :thumbsup:

odeprooutdoor

Newly Enlightened
logo2_??_??.pngWhere there is the light, there is no dark! So many UFO,