Gearbest        
Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Foursevens Mini Mark II

Default Foursevens Mini Mark II

I'm sure a lot of you got this email today:

The MINI Mark II

Radically Small. Simply Brilliant.

Seven years ago, FOURSEVENS revolutionized the EDC (Every-Day-Carry) world with the MINI 123 flashlight. Now we are preparing to deliver the smallest, brightest, most feature packed CR123A MINI ever.
    Developed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery, enhanced Mil-Spec electronics and advanced optics, the Mini Mark II RAISES THE BAR OF EDC LIGHTS with a never before achieved 1000 lumens as well as a true current-regulated sub-one lumen moonlight mode with a 19 DAY runtime!
    We’ve never been able to package this much output in a single CR123A flashlight this small.
    Aerospace grade electronics inside helped us make the smallest EDC light ever. And the new features don’t just stop with the inside of the light.

The Mini Mark II includes a 2-way pocket clip, detachable key ring option, and multi-configurable modes so you can customize your MINI specifically to your needs.
    We’ll be releasing more specific info closer to release date (expecting Early to Mid November), so keep an eye on your inbox for how to order the MINI Mark II.

Looks interesting. TIR lens out front instead of traditional reflector? Presumably a high-current RCR123, maybe an IMR. Guesses about the emitter? Looks like they are going after the Olight S1 Mini market.

For a few years, Foursevens made some really exciting, industry-changing lights. They have not been on the cutting edge in a few years (in my opinion), but I would be very happy to see them back there once again.

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Foursevens Mini Mark II

Nice! I"ve been rooting for 4sevens for years... but it's been more moral support than financial, because something or other in every light they came out with turned me off, and I haven't bought from them in years. If the light lives up to specs, and doesn't have problems such as the mode-skipping etc. seen on early Minis, I think this will be my first 4sevens purchase in a loooong time!

Ditto with what Joe said. This light does have my attention and could be the first 4sevens light in years. If 4sevens is careful on sourcing good emitters for both cool and neutral tint this could be a hit.

I always liked lights that have a simple knurled design and that are made as small as possible relative to their battery - no wasted space. Top it off with super efficient electronics, decent modes, and good emitter and you have a winner.
    Last edited by regulator; 10-28-2016 at 08:48 AM.

Ok 4sevens, you got my attention now...
    sig line removed to help search function...

Quote Originally Posted by regulator View Post
    ... If 4sevens is careful on sourcing good emitters for both cool and neutral tint this could be a hit....
    Ouch--that's a sore point. For reasons best known to them, 4/7s has never been a big supporter of neutral tints or high-CRI lights. They always seemed to go for cools whites and maximum lumens, tint be damned.

I hope they have changed their ways on that score, too! I'd take 800 lumens--even 500 lumens--of really quality tint and CRI over 1000 lumens of angry bluish white.

Even better if they give us an option.

(I should say that their Atom 0 Titanium has one of the nicest Nichias in my collection--that time, they really nailed the tint and CRI).

Quote Originally Posted by lampeDépêche View Post
    Ouch--that's a sore point. For reasons best known to them, 4/7s has never been a big supporter of neutral tints or high-CRI lights. They always seemed to go for cools whites and maximum lumens, tint be damned.

I hope they have changed their ways on that score, too! I'd take 800 lumens--even 500 lumens--of really quality tint and CRI over 1000 lumens of angry bluish white.

Even better if they give us an option.

(I should say that their Atom 0 Titanium has one of the nicest Nichias in my collection--that time, they really nailed the tint and CRI).
    For me, I would be ok with a cool white for this light so long as it is pure white. I have found decent cri with good cool white LEDs. I can't stand any tint shift towards green in either cool or neutral.

I'm in for one! 4sevens Mini's are one of my favorite types - I believe I've currently got 6 or 7 of them including one in Titanium. Awesome lights and interface.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

SNIP <
    For a few years, Foursevens made some really exciting, industry-changing lights. They have not been on the cutting edge in a few years (in my opinion), but I would be very happy to see them back there once again.
    Yeah I think that had something to do with Surefire suing him - reminds me of Apple wanting to patent 'rounded corners' on cell phones - too ridiculous and actually just about wanting to kill the competition.
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

I'm really looking forward to this light. I don't care for the Bluetooth lights so the newer ones don't interest me. I hope it takes none proprietary batteries too.

Ad said CR123 batteries so not proprietary although most of 4 sevens lights seem to say to use only a CR123 and not RCR123 I use the RCR123 in most of them with no problem as long as you don't put it on high for too long. If this light can do 1000 lumens on a CR123 imagine what it will do on RCR123 (assuming it doesn't fry it).

Edit: Just read the facebook page on it and he says it works for both CR123 and RCR123 fully regulated for both. It mentioned using a 10C battery so yes it probably would be best to use an IMR type that can withstand high discharge rates if using the rechargeable RCR123 batteries.
    Last edited by matrixshaman; 10-28-2016 at 01:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixshaman View Post
    Ad said CR123 batteries so not proprietary....

Here's the part of the email that made me think they'll be shipping with a special battery:

"Developed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery,"

I'm guessing that it will not hit 1000 lumens without the "custom designed" battery. With an off-the-shelf DL123 it will work, and put out decent levels, but not 1000 lumens.

All guess-work for now--I'm looking forward to seeing details!

Funny how the Olight S Mini is shorter than this light despite this being a twisty.

Here's the part of the email that made me think they'll be shipping with a special battery:

"Developed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery,"

I'm guessing that it will not hit 1000 lumens without the "custom designed" battery. With an off-the-shelf DL123 it will work, and put out decent levels, but not 1000 lumens.

All guess-work for now--I'm looking forward to seeing details!
    I missed that part although it also says it can use regular CR123 and RCR123. I'm guessing it's probably an IMR in disguise

Quote Originally Posted by Ryp View Post
    Funny how the Olight S Mini is shorter than this light despite this being a twisty.
    It is likely shorter because it uses an Optic instead of a reflector.

It is likely shorter because it uses an Optic instead of a reflector.
    Where are the dimensions of this light given? Is there more information somewhere?

Interesting...from the email:

"Designed from the ground up with a custom designed Lithium Ion battery..."

and from a response on their FB page:

"Full regulation on both. 1000 lumens from our 10c Li-ion rcr123a" battery. (Emphasis mine in both cases)

Very early, but does anybody else see "proprietary battery" here to reach that output, or is it just me?

[The Olight S Mini] is likely shorter because it uses an Optic instead of a reflector.
    I dunno--looks to me like the new 4/7s Mini Mk II is going to use some sort of TIR optic as well:

The proportions of the light look the same as the old reflectored Mk I Mini, but perhaps they had to pack in more electronics?

This I really like, has my interest as well...................love the form

Nice picture. Makes me want one even more.

Any guesses as to price point?

I dunno--looks to me like the new 4/7s Mini Mk II is going to use some sort of TIR optic as well:

The proportions of the light look the same as the old reflectored Mk I Mini, but perhaps they had to pack in more electronics?
    I like it better from this angle, but twisties are below side buttons for me, especially in a light this short. I do not find the very ergonomic.

Quote Originally Posted by DMS1970 View Post
    I like it better from this angle, but twisties are below side buttons for me, especially in a light this short. I do not find the very ergonomic.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Ryp View Post
    The olight s mini is 2.5 in.
    The foursevens mini ML is 2.3 in
    I cant find info about the size of the mark II. Where did you find the specs for size?

Banned

A cool looking light.

Really, How long could it maintain 1000 lumens or even 800 lumens? 30 seconds? Probably less,,,,,probably a burst mode for 10 seconds?! Understandably so all the manufacturers advertizing centers on max output,,,,,,in a way it is deception because they can never maintain that output for long.

Quote Originally Posted by jorn View Post
    The olight s mini is 2.5 in.
    The foursevens mini ML is 2.3 in
    I cant find info about the size of the mark II. Where did you find the specs for size?
    The Olight S Mini is 2.15"
    I don't know the dimensions of the Mark II but it looks similar to the size of the 1st gen. Maybe a tad shorter in the head, so it could be shorter than the S Mini.

Flashaholic*

It's smaller than the old Mini ML. I don't know the exact specs, but Foursevens showed a silhouette shot of it and it is smaller.

For reasons best known to them, 4/7s has never been a big supporter of neutral tints or high-CRI lights. They always seemed to go for cools whites and maximum lumens, tint be damned.
    Surprise! (and I would have included the Neutral, but there's nothing on its packaging indicating what it is..)

Flashaholic*

Since perception is very non-linear; you could have 500 lumen boost mode with primary cr123A {for ~30 seconds}, and step down to 250 lumens. With special LiIon 1,000 lumens for 30 seconds, then step down to 250 lumens.
    Last edited by MichaelW; 10-29-2016 at 08:37 PM. Reason: Oops

I counted the number of "diamonds" in one column of the knurling on both Mk I and II. The knurling closer to the rear had the same number of diamonds for both Mk I and II, but the knurling on the head had ~10% fewer diamonds on the Mk II which would indeed make it shorter than the Mk I.

Flashaholic

Anybody figure what emitter they are using?

Page 1 of 10 12345678 ... LastLast