RMSK, Inc.        
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Foursevens Mini Mark II

Default Re: Foursevens Mini Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Greta View Post
    And IMO, your posts border on "thread trashing" in a sorta/kinda way. As a dealer for a competitor, IMO it is very inappropriate for you to be making such unsubstantiated allegations. Please step it back... and remember your new status. It does change things.
    My humble appologies to foursevens and CPF community.
    Last edited by bykfixer; 10-31-2016 at 03:00 PM.
    John 3:16

Quote Originally Posted by bykfixer View Post
    My humble appologies to foursevens and CPF community.

Well said, bykfixer.

Been following this thread for the past few days. Right when I thought my main choice in a small CR123 twisty was the Fenix E15, this comes along. This is a twisty right? Any word on the UI and CR123A performance?

I'd like to see a AA version that can run on a wide range of voltages.... 14500, CRAA, L91, or Eneloop.

Quote Originally Posted by ronniepudding View Post
    I'd like to see a AA version that can run on a wide range of voltages.... 14500, CRAA, L91, or Eneloop.
    Seconded! The earlier Mini AA was my indispensable back-up light for several years, exactly because it is a multifuel beast, taking all of those cells plus the AAA versions (i.e. AAA, L92 lithium, 10440 li-ion, etc.) without needing any modification, even a wad of tinfoil. I still keep one in my daily carry bag for that reason.

The biggest feature missing from the old Mini AA was a genuine sub-lumen moonlight mode, and this new Mini Mark II promises to remedy that.

I would love to like these new Mini but if the original Mini is the template then no thanks.

I had nothing but negative experience with the Mini and they all cross thread too easily for me and the mode selection seemed to have a mind of its own especially as the battery wore down.
    I liked the screw on clip on the 2aa though but this new one seems to have a snap off clip which I want no part of at all.

I would be thrilled if this were not the case in these new ones.

Regarding any difficulty with a twisty that has a clip like this it looks to me like the clip is very removable so I don't see any problem with that. For all the Mini's I've bought from 4sevens I've never felt a need for a clip on one anyway but a couple have a short lanyard on a tiny keyring attached. Best carry method I've found for this size light is the small square Fenix pouch so you can put it in a pocket easily without worry of scratches from keys etc.
    Like this:
    http://i66.tinypic.com/nlbrk3.jpg
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Quote Originally Posted by AVService View Post
    I would love to like these new Mini but if the original Mini is the template then no thanks.

I had nothing but negative experience with the Mini and they all cross thread too easily for me and the mode selection seemed to have a mind of its own especially as the battery wore down.
    I liked the screw on clip on the 2aa though but this new one seems to have a snap off clip which I want no part of at all.

I would be thrilled if this were not the case in these new ones.
    I've used Mini's for years and one of them gets used every night. I've never had a problem with cross threading on any of the 7 I've got including one Titanium Mini. Just saying - it's maybe a manual dexterity issue for some or if you have shaky hands but I don't believe that is a common issue. The threads are relatively high threads per inch for a good reason. I find a quick gentle twist works best when changing modes and if you set it just right you can change modes one handed by just squeezing the front half to the back half and then holding or giving it a tiny more twist to keep it in that setting.
    Still hoping to hear a price point on these and hoping it's close to current Mini's ....
    There is no important work, there are only a series of moments to demonstrate your mastery and impeccability. Quote from Almine

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by lampeDépêche View Post
    Ouch--that's a sore point. For reasons best known to them, 4/7s has never been a big supporter of neutral tints or high-CRI lights. They always seemed to go for cools whites and maximum lumens, tint be damned.

I hope they have changed their ways on that score, too! I'd take 800 lumens--even 500 lumens--of really quality tint and CRI over 1000 lumens of angry bluish white.

Even better if they give us an option.

(I should say that their Atom 0 Titanium has one of the nicest Nichias in my collection--that time, they really nailed the tint and CRI).
    4/7s has made some lights in neutral,warm and HCRI but nothing recently that I know about. The complaint from 4/7s has been that neutral doesn't sell well and makes for additional cost in production IIRC. I like the Mini but the lack of neutral has been a deal killer for any additional purchases.

This Mini Mk II looks like an innovative design but I still really want neutral for a small EDC. I am somewhat skeptical about the 1000 lumens. Not so much that 4/7s can't deliver but the practicality in such a small light. Probably requiring the use of a proprietary battery and almost certainly very limited due to battery capacity and overheating issues. Still the Mini Mk II may be a good light on more common batteries but unless there is a neutral I don't see one in my future.

In fairness to 4/7s lumen numbers pique interest and sell lights and there are a lot of consumers who will buy on those numbers alone.
    Last edited by ZMZ67; 11-01-2016 at 07:00 PM.
    I respectfully reserve the right to purchase yet another light......

Quote Originally Posted by matrixshaman View Post
    I've used Mini's for years and one of them gets used every night. I've never had a problem with cross threading on any of the 7 I've got including one Titanium Mini. Just saying - it's maybe a manual dexterity issue for some or if you have shaky hands but I don't believe that is a common issue. The threads are relatively high threads per inch for a good reason. I find a quick gentle twist works best when changing modes and if you set it just right you can change modes one handed by just squeezing the front half to the back half and then holding or giving it a tiny more twist to keep it in that setting.
    Still hoping to hear a price point on these and hoping it's close to current Mini's ....
    Boy you sure told me?
    Shaky Hands? Manual Dexterity?

I gave all of mine away,no problems now.

Just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by matrixshaman View Post
    Regarding any difficulty with a twisty that has a clip like this it looks to me like the clip is very removable so I don't see any problem with that. For all the Mini's I've bought from 4sevens I've never felt a need for a clip on one anyway but a couple have a short lanyard on a tiny keyring attached. Best carry method I've found for this size light is the small square Fenix pouch so you can put it in a pocket easily without worry of scratches from keys etc.
    Like this:
    That's a nice flame-job. Here's another I found in the archived section of CPF.

~ Chance

Photo Credit
    February 2012
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

It's now available for pre-order. $55 package price includes the new high-discharge RCR123A battery, two clips and a USB FLEX charger.

https://youtu.be/---sZrGV-j8

~ Chance
    Last edited by Chauncey Gardiner; 11-02-2016 at 01:27 PM.
    Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-II-AF

http://www.foursevens.com/products/ML-IIC-AF

2.17" vs Olight S Mini 2.15". I was right, the S Mini is shorter
    Last edited by Ryp; 11-02-2016 at 01:17 PM.

Looks good. I just worry that the clip grinds against the head.

That's the Olight magnetic charger. Wonder if the battery is also the same that comes with the S1R.

Foursevens more or less pioneered the neutral and high CRI market with NW and high CRI versions of the Mini 123. I have one together with my car keys and it's still going strong after all these years.
    I admit that it's getting a bit dated output wise, so an upgrade would be nice. But if it's not high CRI, I'm not interested.
    So please release a high CRI version of this new light!

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Looks good. I just worry that the clip grinds against the head.
    I'm with you, gunga. I hate when that happens. No worries with the Mark II. There L@@Ks to be plenty of clearance.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by maukka View Post
    That's the Olight magnetic charger. Wonder if the battery is also the same that comes with the S1R.
    Probably, since David owns both companies.

Foursevens calls it their "Flex Charger" and looking at the pictures, the battery which comes with the light is Foursevens-branded.

Default Foursevens Mini Mark II

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    I'm with you, gunga. I hate when that happens. No worries with the Mark II. There L@@Ks to be plenty of clearance.

~ Chance

Oh. OK. I like my clips to touch the light but you can't have everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryp View Post
    2.17" vs Olight S Mini 2.15". I was right, the S Mini is shorter
    both are amazingly small lights wow.
    the clip attaching mechanism seems the same on both models.

The S1R charges the battery in the light and the contacts are on the outside too and evidently short on anything metal,this seems a safer method though not as simple maybe too.

Also the little routed slot for the clips looks exactly like the one on the S-Mini!

That 2nd clip is interesting too.

Quote Originally Posted by gunga View Post
    Oh. OK. I like my clips to touch the light but you can't have everything.

LOL! Make up your mind. O.K. have it touch, but just a wee, little, tiny bit. ............... David has left the building .......

~ Chance

Well, I hit the bid. Pre-ordered one for my son for the holidays.

He has been EDC'ing a Mini 123 for several years, so this will be a good upgrade for him.

Me, I prefer NW and WW. But he likes CW, so he'll like this.

Any news on the capacity of the 4sevens battery?

Flashaholic

Why is the medium so close to the high (after 15 second burst)? Only 50 lumen difference after the step down. Am I seeing that right?

BRIGHTNESS LEVELS With FOURSEVENS RCR123A Battery:
    Moonlight: 0.8 lumens, 7 days
    Low: 20 lumens, 16 hrs
    Medium: 250 lumens, 70 min
    High: Burst at 1020 lumens, 15 seconds
    then 300 lumens, 48 min
    Yep. You're seeing it right. Basically it steps down to medium +.

~ Chance

Quote Originally Posted by revscott View Post
    Why is the medium so close to the high (after 15 second burst)? Only 50 lumen difference after the step down. Am I seeing that right?
    This looks like a neat little light - something I'm interested in, but I can't help thinking that I'd prefer a medium mode that is 100 lumens or 150, so the runtime on medium would be significantly longer and there would be a more noticeable difference between the medium and high output levels.

A neutral version would increase my interest, if it proves to be a reliable light. I'm happy to see another tiny R/CR123 light appearing on the scene.
    "However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -- Stanley Kubrick

Quote Originally Posted by dts71 View Post
    Any news on the capacity of the 4sevens battery?
    They have not announced it, but I doubt that the battery will break any new ground in capacity.

The Olight high-drain RCR123 is rated at 650mah. That's probably what this will do, too. Looks like it is optimized for dumping a lot of current through the emitter in a short time--that doesn't necessarily do anything for the capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by mightysparrow View Post
    I'd prefer a medium mode that is 100 lumens or 150, so the runtime on medium would be significantly longer and there would be a more noticeable difference between the medium and high output levels.
    Strongly agree. I'd also like to see a mode-selection layout that does not require you to go through medium and high before you get to moonlight!!

Yep- a medium mode between 70 to 100 lumens would have been nice for good runtime.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast