Elzetta Bones flashlight - Elzetta first 18650 light

kj2

Flashaholic
Introducing a bare-bones flashlight made to legendary Elzetta standards:
* Steady Output of 650 lumens
* Type III hard anodized 6061-T6 aluminum construction
* Field-replaceable optical lens (no cheapo reflectors)
* Fully Potted Electronics
* Compatible with 18650 rechargeable batteries
* Made in USA

"Elzetta Bones is a bare bones, no frills flashlight with legendary Elzetta performance and durability. It generates 650 lumens in steady regulation with an optimum balance of throw and spill through its standard 7/8-inch thick optical lens (no reflector). Operation is bone-simple. There are no secondary modes and on/off is achieved via the push-button which operates like a common ballpoint pen. The beam quality produced by the optical lens is superior to any reflector-based flashlight on the market and must be experienced to be fully appreciated. Runtime is rated at 1.5 hours from two fresh CR123A batteries (included). An 18650 rechargeable battery may also be used (not included). Constructed of 6061-T6 aluminum with natural/gray Type III hard anodizing for extreme hardness and long wear. Fully potted electronics, another essential Elzetta advantage, keep circuit boards and solder joints sealed and secure. Made in the USA by Americans."

2drxa9d.jpg
25pocpy.jpg

Last edited:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think it's meant to replace or compete with the Bravo, but to provide a no frills ultrareliable and durable light for the money.

SixCats!

Enlightened
I really hope to one day own an Elzetta light ESPECIALLY in (18650/2XCR123) however (for me) the light MUST have a LOWER (energy saving) mode in addition to BLINDING high. I continue to wait.

markr6

Flashaholic
"Made in the USA by Americans." Not Russians or South Africans...Americans

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeah, technically Americans are anyone from anywhere in North or South America. It should say Made in the U.S.A. by U.S. craftsman/tradesman or something similar:D.

Last edited:

Grizzman

Flashlight Enthusiast
Last edited:

Graylock

Newly Enlightened
Advantage due to potting?
The electronic components are embedded in epoxy. This protects against damage from shock and vibration (think gun recoil), and also effectively waterproofs the electronics. It is said the tube can flood on an Elzetta and it will still work.