Best H7 Low Beam bulb for an 06 B9 Subaru Tribeca?

ukiltmybrutha

Newly Enlightened
Hello again,

I was wondering what you bulb you might suggest for the subject vehicle?

Here is a picture of the front of the vehicle/headlamps which I believe have a projector housing and projector functionality for the low beams:

http://roa.h-cdn.co/assets/16/11/980x490/gallery-1458229704-subaru-b9-tribeca-headlight.jpg

I did some searching around here and the Osram Rallye was suggested as the best H7 bulb, but I noticed some new possible H18 technology and was curious about that too.

Thank you for any suggestions.

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have been very happy with the Osram Rallye H7 bulbs in my Subaru Forester.

from what i understand, they are the brightest option that will produce a proper beam pattern

64.5vette

Newly Enlightened
I put osram rallye h7s in my friends tribecca, he likes them. They should be a big upgrade.

ukiltmybrutha

Newly Enlightened
I went with these and I could definitely see a difference with brightness on the garage door. I haven't driven with them at night. Seems like the lights blow out fairly often due to the low beams being used for DRLs. I have heard reports that these last quite a while. Was close to Nighthawk NHX that I use on my Caravan...but the life on those is intended to be short (even though they lasted me about 1.5 years).

Thank you for the info!

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
The Osram Rallye 65w H7 was discontinued some years ago, but Daniel Stern commissioned identical bulbs from another German maker, and yes, they are still the best choice.

ukiltmybrutha

Newly Enlightened
The Osram Rallye 65w H7 was discontinued some years ago, but Daniel Stern commissioned identical bulbs from another German maker, and yes, they are still the best choice.

Happy New Year. I realize that I actually decided to go with the 62261 80w version a few years ago. Sorry about that. Would it be worth going with the 65W Vosla H7's then? I just noticed an older comment indicating that the 62261 was in reality inferior to the 65w options. I don't know what led me to take my chances with the 62261 bulbs but I made it to see today.

Thank you.

Mr. Merk

Newly Enlightened
Virgil gave you then answer, and then you asked the question again.

Would it be worth going with the 65W Vosla H7's then? I just noticed an older comment indicating that the 62261 was in reality inferior to the 65w options.

http://www.danielsternlighting.com/products/products.html

ukiltmybrutha

Newly Enlightened
Virgil gave you then answer, and then you asked the question again.

He gave me an answer based upon my using the mentioned 65W Osram bulbs not the 80W bulbs that I forgot I had put in which is part number 62221 as opposed to 64217.

The question is whether or not it effectively makes sense to remove the 80W Osram bulbs that are sitting in there right now. Whether or not I asked "again" is subjective and far from a cardinal sin, so get off of your snooty high horse.

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Happy New Year. I realize that I actually decided to go with the 62261 80w version a few years ago.

Yikes, that was not a very good idea; you've been slow-roasting your headlamps and wiring. The headlamp reflectors are likely damaged, at this point, and there's no such thing as "just a little damaged"; any amount = total.

(Also yes, the 65w bulbs are better than the 80w ones; they put out slightly more light and give better beam focus)

ukiltmybrutha

Newly Enlightened
Yikes, that was not a very good idea; you've been slow-roasting your headlamps and wiring. The headlamp reflectors are likely damaged, at this point, and there's no such thing as "just a little damaged"; any amount = total.

(Also yes, the 65w bulbs are better than the 80w ones; they put out slightly more light and give better beam focus)

Roger that Virgil. The beam focus being better was what at least part of what I was after. We are tracking on a little damaged being total. Wow.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I don't know what the availability is like on new Tribeca headlamps. The usual cautions and caveats apply (OEM Subaru parts rule, aftermarket units drool).