What is Zebralight working on?

holygeez03

Enlightened
It seems like it has been a long time since I have read about anything new from ZL... other than maybe a new emitter/lens offering on an existing light... it seems like the AA line is due for an update (SC5 specs in the H52 and SC52 format).

eraursls1984

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think we'd see a SC3 or an H5 before any other upgrades (SC5 driver in the SC52) to lights other than 18650's.

Maybe we'll see a SC73w that runs the new Tesla 21700 battery next year. It could be the length of the SC62w, and the body could he the same diameter as the current head.

markr6

Flashaholic
They're working on my SC63n with 5000K Nichia.

No...they're not :(

mightysparrow

Enlightened
I was informed by a member of their staff a few weeks ago (in response to an inquiry via email) that they did not expect to update the SC32/H32 line in the next six months.

jalbam

Newly Enlightened
I am still waiting for a new improved Zebralight headlamp (H52 format, that runs on one AA) with the performance and features of the SC5 or even better. I would also like that this new headlamp had some issues fixed that my H51 is suffering from (it is not really waterproof and it often gets condensation inside the lens).

StandardBattery

Flashlight Enthusiast
They are working on their new extended Programmable UI, and having Siri take support calls from CPF members.

marinemaster

Flashlight Enthusiast
Perfectly happy with the current line up of SC52 W running on Eneloop and SC62 W running on Panasonic 18650 and their 100% reliability.

Last edited:

justanotherguy

Enlightened
Perfectly happy with the current line up of SC52 W running on Eneloop and SC62 W running on Panasonic 18650 and their 100% reliability.

yea about that.. I use a couple extensively at work... I am about to send a couple back for their famous $15 repair service, if its still available..
For around the house, 100% maybe... Around a hard use setting...not so much for me...

roger-roger

Enlightened
ZL mentioned the possibility of the designers working on adapting SC5 electronics to the SC52 form factor. That and an analog update for the SC32 would have me opening up my papal acct. for both.