Does anyone make a high-performance version of the H9 (such as Philips +100, etc)?

sac02

Newly Enlightened
Basically just what the subject/title says:

Does anyone make a high-performance version of the H9, such as the Philips +100? (I don't see Philips +100 versions of the H9 - if they exist, please correct me)

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
No. H9 already has all those "Plus" techniques built into it. It is a high-luminance, high-intensity, short-life light source.

LyLu

Newly Enlightened
You have the Phillips Vision version, maybe it's better than the H9 Osram Orginal.
Phillips says +30%

Here is the link to one on eBay

Sadden

Enlightened
As technology evolves do you think we will see a super duper +30 version with even more focus? Vosla managed to improve on the 9012 and give the excellent +30 model they offer.

Or perhaps we can just get an offroad H9 with an IR coating... Please? :poke:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
As technology evolves do you think we will see a super duper +30 version with even more focus? Vosla managed to improve on the 9012 and give the excellent +30 model they offer.
The +30 comes in part from better focus. Improving the focus more would probably give us the +50 or +100.

Or perhaps we can just get an offroad H9 with an IR coating

As far as an "offroad H9", no. There's no distinction for "offroad" in the regulations, and any wildly overpowered (electrically or photometrically) H9 "for offroad use only" will make it into a Subaru Legacy (which requires the H11) in no time flat anyway.

Last edited:

Doc8404

Newly Enlightened
No. H9 already has all those "Plus" techniques built into it. It is a high-luminance, high-intensity, short-life light source.

Thanks, saved me from asking similar question about my wife's 2012 Altima.
Just replaced the original bulbs with H11 Sylvania Ultra and H9 Phillips.