Are the Tri-V still for sale?

dino2024

Newly Enlightened
Can you still get the Tri-V? I emailed Dave and didn't get a response!

chipwillis

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that Dave has completed the Tri-V runs. He used all the parts and wasn't going to make more.

dino2024

Newly Enlightened
Damn it. I see that someone had one up for sale hopefully I can grab it!

Data

Flashlight Enthusiast
I believe that Dave has completed the Tri-V runs. He used all the parts and wasn't going to make more.

You are right that I do not plan to make more parts. However, I still have parts. I actually closed the last sale of the light in order to concentrate on the 005 build. The last sale was almost entirely the "Ultra" configuration. So, more Tri-V Version 3 lights are being built now and will be available shortly after the end of the year. This light will only be offered in an "Ultra" configuration. That is of course with the stone wash gunner grip, Vegas and Vault. They are still the Version 3 of the Tri-V but with newer emitters of course. I think it will be an XP-G3 for the reflector and an XP-L2 for the flood. The spot is changing to an XP-L-Hi as this is the first time since 2008 that I have ever been able to replace the XR-E with something that actually outperforms it! The prototype is very bright. The price will be similar if slightly higher than the last run.

:tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

dino2024

Newly Enlightened
Awesome can your please put me in the list! Hell I'll pay now!

You are right that I do not plan to make more parts. However, I still have parts. I actually closed the last sale of the light in order to concentrate on the 005 build. The last sale was almost entirely the "Ultra" configuration. So, more Tri-V Version 3 lights are being built now and will be available shortly after the end of the year. This light will only be offered in an "Ultra" configuration. That is of course with the stone wash gunner grip, Vegas and Vault. They are still the Version 3 of the Tri-V but with newer emitters of course. I think it will be an XP-G3 for the reflector and an XP-L2 for the flood. The spot is changing to an XP-L-Hi as this is the first time since 2008 that I have ever been able to replace the XR-E with something that actually outperforms it! The prototype is very bright. The price will be similar if slightly higher than the last run.

:tinfoil:

Cheers
Dave

Zandar

Enlightened
What are you going to call this one? How about TRI-V3 ultimate? Or TR-V 3.5?