Beamshot Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Does anyone have an original LS1 (the low dome 2 piece head) and a 4+ that you could do a side by side comparison with. I really like the functionality and design of the new ARC lights but it would be nice to see just how much brightness the top few settings have over the first LS's.

Elmie

Enlightened
I have the LS1, LSHF-P and now the Arc 4+. I'll post beam comparisons later tonight when I get home.

The Arc 4+ compared to the LS1 is like comparing apples and oranges...hehehe

Elmie

Enlightened
ok here it is. All beam shots taken at 5 ft, with a Canon G3 on manual.

top to bottom:
Arc LS (new CR123)
Arc LSHF-P (new CR123)
Arc 4+ (highest setting with fresh battery)

wMjY0MDkyNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wMjY0MDkzNnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

wMjY0MDk0NnM0MTNkZmQzMXk1NDE%3D.jpg

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Wow, you weren't kidding about the apples and oranges. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Everyone always compares new stuff to the LSH-P so I never could tell how the 'old' lights stacked up. I think I will definitly be getting an Arc4+ or hopefully 4x if they ever return in enough numbers for those of us who won't pay hundreds extra at auction to get one.

Thanks for the pics. (had to copy/paste the URL's and refresh a few times if anyone else can't see them)

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
I found an uploader to put the images on so everyone else can see them easier. Don't know how long they will stay up but here they are. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

f9b43e29.jpg

f9b43e25.jpg

f9b43e23.jpg

snook

Newly Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Thanks Radiant!

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Elmie said:
Just realized I made a mistake. First beam shot is not a LS1, but rather the original.... "First Run"!

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually....I made a mistake and said LS1 instead of "First Run". So you did the right thing after all. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a pretty good camera you have there Radiant! Could I use one of your Arc4 beam shots on our website? Do you have one that has the entire beam on the wall and some sort of well known object (or ruler) for size?

Peter

Elmie

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
Gransee said:
That's a pretty good camera you have there Radiant! Could I use one of your Arc4 beam shots on our website? Do you have one that has the entire beam on the wall and some sort of well known object (or ruler) for size?

Peter

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually I took the pictures. If you want I'll take better beam shots and you can use them. I'll post them later tonight.

Radiant

Newly Enlightened
Actually I just got a nice new digicam and can take pics too but I require an Arc 4.... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Oh, I am confused! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks Elmie and Radiant. I will take a look at what you send me. I need just one image for the website.

Peter

Status
Not open for further replies.