• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

BC40GT void in beam?

rycen

Enlightened
I was wondering if a void in the center of the beam is normal for this light?

rycen

Enlightened
I'm not sure if they contacted the manufacturer but the dealer just told me that it is not a defect but a "design preference".

Seems to me that there shouldn't be a void in the beam if it's not adjustable. Does anyone else have this light to confirm?

Lexel

Enlightened
Large reflectors need distance to form a round spot

LED like XHP70 with 4 seperate emitter areas have a donuthole with SMO reflector

texas cop

Enlightened
I have an XHP-50 and 70 with very light orange peel reflectors. I get that cross shaped void in the center when shinning on a wall out to about 10'. The further out the more it fades away and blends into a nice void free beam. It's the nature of a quad die. Greater texturing on the reflector obscures the void at shorter ranges but also reduces throw.

chumley

Enlightened
My BC40gt finally showed up yesterday, after the usps lost it for 2 weeks. It does have a donut hole but it doesn't look too bad in actual use. For less than $50.00, I got a light with more than 2000 lumens. Tonight I tried putting diffusion film on the lens and now the donut hole is gone, but there is less throw.

tntsui

Newly Enlightened
I got my BC40-GT a week ago. I don't see any void in the beam, no matter projected distant or close. Its lowest level beam seems too bright.