9011 Bulbs & 3157NA vs 3457NA ?

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Time for me to order 9011 bulbs. Looking quickly at Amazon, I see Philips 9011 and Philips 9011C1. Is there a difference?

I also see a Wagner 9011 for a bit less money. The name was scaring me away, but I read several reviews saying it was the Philips bulb in a Wagner package.

Is there a "best" 9011 bulb? (and a best 9012 bulb?)

After I had replaced headlamps, I noticed a front corner bulb burned out on the park/marker filament. After installing the spare 3157NA from the glove compartment, I checked my shop and found no more 3157NA bulbs. Time to order. Should I consider using 3357NA or 3457NA for the brighter signal filament? (I suppose the high temp base on 3457 only matters in a constant on application like DRL.)

Are those Eiko "ten pack for the price of a two pack" 3157NA bulbs any good? Seems an affordable way to stock spares in the shop.

About replacing headlamps: All of the above is in regard to a 2007 Corolla with over 310,000 miles. Some time ago, I bought new headlamps from Toyota because mine were getting cloudy. I kept putting off the job because it required removing the front bumper skin, my shop was full, etc. Finally, I told myself "It's winter and getting dark. After driving that stretch of road thousands of times in the last 40+ years, I know it VERY well, but I've had enough close encounters with animals, trees, rocks, mud and flooded roadway to KNOW that poor lights are dangerous. No more excuses." So I reviewed the 1A Auto YouTube video, pulled the Toyota inside the powerhouse on a slow Sunday, and tackled the job on break. Turns out it was not bad, I only had to undo four "skin" fasteners on left side, replace lamp, then do the same on the right. Some aiming (really nice to have a precisely flat floor that extends to shop door and allows me to easily put 25' between lights and door and accurately measure and (tape) mark light heights on said door) amd I was ready to go.

WOW!!! As the lights gradually worsen, it sneaks up on you. Brand new genuine Toyota headlamps, 9011 high and 9012 low bulbs, aimed as carefully as I could, in place of 310,000+ mile clouded headlamps. What a difference! My wife took a 65 mile drive to her mother's then brought Mama here for Thanksgiving, and she can't stop talking about the improvement. It is most definitely worth the expense and effort.

Last edited:

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Time for me to order 9011 bulbs. Looking quickly at Amazon, I see Philips 9011 and Philips 9011C1. Is there a difference?
Packaging.

I also see a Wagner 9011 for a bit less money. The name was scaring me away, but I read several reviews saying it was the Philips bulb in a Wagner package.
Philips' factory seconds in a Wagner package. See this post for revealing pics. C'mon, if the bulb you took a picture of for your internet sales looks this bad...

Is there a "best" 9011 bulb? (and a best 9012 bulb?)
Philips for the HIR1, Vosla +30 for the HIR2.

After I had replaced headlamps, I noticed a front corner bulb burned out on the park/marker filament. After installing the spare 3157NA from the glove compartment, I checked my shop and found no more 3157NA bulbs. Time to order. Should I consider using 3357NA or 3457NA for the brighter signal filament? (I suppose the high temp base on 3457 only matters in a constant on application like DRL.)
Very slightly longer rise time, particularly if your voltage is low. But if voltage is good, then go for it.

Are those Eiko "ten pack for the price of a two pack" 3157NA bulbs any good? Seems an affordable way to stock spares in the shop.
They'll be cost-effective, I'll give you that. They can't be THAT bad.

About replacing headlamps: All of the above is in regard to a 2007 Corolla with over 310,000 miles. Some time ago, I bought new headlamps from Toyota because mine were getting cloudy. I kept putting off the job because it required removing the front bumper skin, my shop was full, etc. Finally, I told myself "It's winter and getting dark. After driving that stretch of road thousands of times in the last 40+ years, I know it VERY well, but I've had enough close encounters with animals, trees, rocks, mud and flooded roadway to KNOW that poor lights are dangerous. No more excuses." So I reviewed the 1A Auto YouTube video, pulled the Toyota inside the powerhouse on a slow Sunday, and tackled the job on break.

WOW!!! As the lights gradually worsen, it sneaks up on you. Brand new genuine Toyota headlamps, 9011 high and 9012 low bulbs, aimed as carefully as I could, in place of 320,000 mile clouded headlamps. What a difference! My wife took a 65 mile drive to her mother's then brought Mama here for Thanksgiving, and she can't stop talking about the improvement. It is most definitely worth the expense and effort.
I know the feeling-- did that on an '01 Corolla and the results were fantastic. I'm using Philips HIR2 and HIR1 bulbs in it, the next time I need a new low beam bulb I'll get the Vosla +30 HIR2.

Last edited by a moderator:

Hamilton Felix

Enlightened
Hey, that was fast. They are here. ACDelco boxes with the ACD and GM #23342527 on them, but inside we find 28432 Vosla 9012 +30 HIR made in Germany. :)

Last edited by a moderator: