H20 Halogen Applications

Sadden

Enlightened
So i was reading about the new H20 halogen bulb. A high wattage, low output light source with a heavy blue tint to be used with "led lowbeams"

Due to its low output do you think manufacturers will use this in the foglamp position? People leave their foglamps on all the time, and i know of people complaining and wanting their fogs/lows to match.

For when this does get used in high beam applications will there be an uncoated high output non compliant version made by reputable manufacturers?

Im really dissapointed that this bulb is even coming to reality. Its such a waste of engineering to produce such a poor performer. I mean really wouldnt it be easier and better to just use lower CCT / higher CRI leds in headlamp applications. Better performance without needing to use some 75w poor performing halogen to match, which kind of negates the benefits of LEDs in the first place.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Due to its low output do you think manufacturers will use this in the foglamp position? People leave their foglamps on all the time, and i know of people complaining and wanting their fogs/lows to match.
It'd be moronic to use such a blue-tinted bulb, or white light hewing to blue, in a fog lamp. But it'd serve the foglamps-as-style idiots just right-- they'll be burned out before they know it.

For when this does get used in high beam applications will there be an uncoated high output non compliant version made by reputable manufacturers?
The maximum output is already defined in the spec (usually +/- 10 or 15%); an untinted one would be out of spec, most likely.

Im really dissapointed that this bulb is even coming to reality. Its such a waste of engineering to produce such a poor performer. I mean really wouldnt it be easier and better to just use lower CCT / higher CRI leds in headlamp applications. Better performance without needing to use some 75w poor performing halogen to match, which kind of negates the benefits of LEDs in the first place.
Apparently, marketers loved the attitude of idiots from the various vehicle fanboy sites, and figured they could sell a lot of product to unknowing dolts.

Sadden

Enlightened
It'd be moronic to use such a blue-tinted bulb, or white light hewing to blue, in a fog lamp. But it'd serve the foglamps-as-style idiots just right-- they'll be burned out before they know it.
Make no mistake, im not saying its a wise choice. But it will make the marketers and the masses happy.

The maximum output is already defined in the spec (usually +/- 10 or 15%); an untinted one would be out of spec, most likely.
Yes I would hope so. Like the osram rallye h7 is out of spec. Im wondering if there will be a full power, untinted version made by any quality manufacturers.