Klarus XT11GT high frequency hissing sound

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
Just got my klarus xt11gt. The newer version with the klarus IMR battery included. To other xt11gt owners, does yours have this hiss sound? If yes, I guess it's normal.

I noticed that everytime I turn on at Turbo, I hear a very soft high frequency hissing sound for just around 2secs then it goes away. I only noticed it because I'm in a quiet room and I held it near my ear.
It only does that sound when newly turned on, if I turn it off then turn on again right away, there's no hissing sound. If I rest it for a couple of secs/min to cool down then there's that sound again.
I tried using another battery (olight), it doesn't make any hissing sound at all.
I tried the klarus IMR battery on my BLF A6, I dont hear any hissing sound.

Last edited:

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
I have the newer version with XHP35 HD E4 LED. I guess the first version, the one you have, doesn't do this hiss/hum sound for a couple of secs on turbo, I've read on another forum it's called "Microphonics", caused by the boost driver, maybe its something they did to reach the advertised 2000lumens, which was the issue before, why they updated the first version.

To others with the updated version, the one with 316m max beam distance, 3100mah IMR battery included, Please check your units if it does this hiss/hum sound on turbo. Thank you.

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
*additional observation, I noticed that mine's beamshot tested against a white wall has a very small dark spot in the middle (doughnut hole as they call it in flashlight forum). Does yours have this?

Last edited:

paojerokid

Newly Enlightened
4d7b17e5917f3fc1cc7aa144a7ea5708.jpg

f3f315b89f9810b41c1587bf80d212ed.jpg

Last edited:

Tarquinius

Newly Enlightened
Unfortunately I have some problems with my xt11gt. Additionally to the hissing sound the switches have stopped working properly. Sometimes it doesn't turn on when pressing the switches ans sometimes it doesn't turn off.