Fenix side switches are a complete fail / standby mode w/ LED illuminating switch

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
I've said before that the side switch on the E25UE cannot be seen in the dark, nor reliably discovered by feel.

I just took it outside to put up Christmas decorations, and once my hands got cold in the 45 deg F weather, it was COMPLETELY impossible to feel.

Side switches need to be "big" in some manner. Either make it stick up, or put tall flanges around it.

Oh, also the light rolls. I tried to lay it on top of a cardboard box that was not completely level and it just rolled right off.

Another idea is a "standby" mode that has an LED light up the switch. You turn it on before you go out in the dark. Green would take up little power & be very visible.

Fundamentally, every light needs a tail switch, even if it only turns on the "standby" LED.

Burgess

Flashaholic
While I do not dispute
your findings . . . . .

I've found that USING the pocket clip,
and Positioning it " In-Line " with that
aforementioned side-switch
makes Locating the switch MUCH easier !

Even while wearing gloves.

And . . . . .

With that pocket clip attached,
the flashlight is less apt to Roll.

( Just my opinion . . . . )

Burgess

Flashaholic
Oh, BTW --

My only experience here
is with the Fenix LD22 and PD35 (tactical) models.

hiuintahs

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just put my other hand in front of the beam so that the light reflecting off it illuminates the flashlight enough for me to find the side mode switch.

PartyPete

Enlightened
I have an E25 from a few years back. There's no clip to speak of with any of these models so they do have a tendency to roll. I found that a nice thick aftermarket lanyard will help with this.

As far as the side switch, if I'm using gloves I'm using something with a tail switch plain and simple. But then again I'm down south and gloves are a one month out of the year thing anyway.

I don't think the E25UE is a bad light, per say, but my impression is that it lends itself to more of a simple utility type role. Definitely not something that will be a one size fits all type light as the controls aren't intuitive enough, in my opinion.