How long leave freshly charged NiMH cell for it to show delta-V if put in a charger?

Baggas

Newly Enlightened
How long does an AA NimH cell have to rest before it self-discharges enough to allow a charger to detect delta-V drop?

I ask this because I have a LaCrosse BC-700 charger which, as we know, tests capacity by first charging a cell and subsequently measuring the amount of discharge the cell can provide. At the moment I have a lot of sets of cells to test. To save time doing the initial charge I would like to charge cells in another charger and then for the capacity test put them into the LaCrosse BC-700.

I'm worried that if the cells are freshly charge then the LaCrosse may over charge them at first because they are charged too much and are beyond the point where they exhibit a delta-V drop. How long do I need to leave the cell after the first charge?

Baggas

Newly Enlightened
It'll probably pick it up within a few minutes and the cells will be fine. I know my charger detects a full cell with 3 minutes usually

Doesn't a charger use a cell's voltage to determine if it needs charging? (Rather than delta-V.)

Last edited: