Genuine Toyota quality...? Hmmm, maybe not.

Magio

Enlightened
Haha. Not going to say the bulbs you'll get if you order it are not gonna be genuine, but the one in the photo has some serious alignment issues lol.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Hey, Magio, shhhh, let's give the others a chance to guess at what's wrong, too! ;-)

Echo63

Flashlight Enthusiast
its a "high quality OEM replacement toyota" ?

according to the technical details, its a Toyota Camry.

how do they determine how many miles it has done - actually - its a 12k warranty so it should last for a trip to the shops and back....

Gotta admit, i spent a few minutes making sure the low beam shield was around the right way, and the terminals were the right way around too.
just being crooked was too easy...

Last edited:

jzchen

Enlightened
They took a picture of an opened defective one so they could sell the good ones sealed/unopened/factory fresh? So far good reviews....

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
They took a picture of an opened defective one so they could sell the good ones sealed/unopened/factory fresh? So far good reviews....
That's exactly what I was thinking.

High reviews from people who don't "run away!!!!!!" when they see such a picture. I wouldn't buy from that seller-- if you can't be bothered to take a picture of a non-defective item, you're not worth the time and money. I expect the picture to represent what I'm going to receive, and for all we know they're actually getting sent out that way. Many reviewers of automotive products, particularly lighting, don't really know what they're talking about.

The reviews also discuss the "long life" of the bulbs; long-life bulbs long outlive their usefulness due to lumen maintenance and focus degradation.

jzchen

Enlightened
The seller and shipper is Amazon.

Still feeling the hurt from buying a Pokémon Go Plus from a seller called Margo LTD, (which I don't think I'm ever getting for my son because the seller was a scam), I check who is selling and shipping the item now. Amazon has great customer service on what they sell. (Horrible picture and all. 😀)

KXA

Newly Enlightened
Obviously the lamp is defective. The part that makes me laugh is that the lamp is said to be genuine Toyota. Toyota doesn't make lamps. Every Toyota that I've owned has Koito lamps in them (and that also goes for the Toyota replacement headlight assemblies with pre-installed lamps).