• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

M43vn VS MK34vn

eekazum

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the Pic that shows the bottoms, wth happened to the noctigon logo!?

And what is the projected price?

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think m43vn win. Better build quality. parts are from united states, korea, and japan.. xpg2 dedome give you perfect beam. The switch is reliable too.

SG Hall

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the Pic that shows the bottoms, wth happened to the noctigon logo!?

And what is the projected price?

They're not Vinh's pics, it's just to show relative size. The M43 has XHP70s in it. [emoji4]

I also would like to know the price. If there's a significant difference then the MK34 might have the edge. 7000+ lumens from a light that makes the M43 look large is probably pretty impressive!

Vinh, what do you think of the XPG3s? Is the output much better than the factory ( 8000 claimed, but overstated)?

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
They're not Vinh's pics, it's just to show relative size. The M43 has XHP70s in it. [emoji4]

I also would like to know the price. If there's a significant difference then the MK34 might have the edge. 7000+ lumens from a light that makes the M43 look large is probably pretty impressive!

Vinh, what do you think of the XPG3s? Is the output much better than the factory ( 8000 claimed, but overstated)?

I just took the pics..LOL I sent you gusy the nice tail cap and keep the screw up for myself! HAHA
I think MK34vn might be around $100 cheaper
My modded version is only 7200 Lumen and I remember its noticeably brighter than stock but I will confirm
XPG3 seems just like XPG2 to me. May be even less throw...Not sure yet. Need more direct comparison to conclude.

Impossible lumens

Enlightened
Anti-roll on the MK34vn is better ......;)
The MK34VN is tiny. Seems like it would make a lot more sense for my stubby fingers than the M43VN. Big hands might like the M43VN IDK. Also the switch seems like it would be less frustrating to access in the dark with the triangular shape but I'm just speculating. I know with the round lights I can sometimes spin it round three or four times before contacting the side switch.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
Its not hard to find a switch on m43vn even if you have a small hand.. this light is meant to be operate by one hand.. i am 100 % sure m43vn outsell mk34vn, same for the stock version.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Its not hard to find a switch on m43vn even if you have a small hand.. this light is meant to be operate by one hand.. i am 100 % sure m43vn outsell mk34vn, same for the stock version.

Depends greatly on price how well a light sell... MK34vn is much easier to hold inmy small hand but you loose performance with 1 less cell. Sticking to XPG3 or 219c will yield a big cost saving. Going XPL PDT, or Goldilock variety will bump up price fast. We will see how 219c go. I have a feeling this is a great light for the 219c.

ma tumba

Flashlight Enthusiast
M43 is an amazingly versatile light. I had been always unhappy about beam profiles of any light I had until I got an M43. And here is why:
SXFevdN7zg9Tm

Everyone would be able to create his perfect beam picking the right combination of narrow/medium/wide/NONE optics for the 4 groups of LEDs.

My only complaint is the bulk of the light. So I am very interested in a slimmer option.

Last edited:

EDness

Newly Enlightened
I was about to order the MK34 with 219C, but now I'm interested in how much you can squeeze out of this. I also have a stock M43 with 219C, but if this can come close to it in output then i'm in!

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Meteor fan here. The four cells, the head diameter, length, power, build quality, beam profile(s) and its enduring cachet speak for themselves.

Three cell light: One less cell and same full size head diameter defeats the purpose for sacrificing one cell. If one cell is removed from the system to achieve smaller body diameter, then head diameter should be reduced, too. Such as the SX25L3. But cylindrical three cell lights, at this present day, are still woefully underamped at way less than 5,000 lumens.

Manker: MK34: Keep the same head design, but add the fourth cell and go with more fuel supply and the resultant additional power output.

Skylumen

Newly Enlightened
Meteor fan here. The four cells, the head diameter, length, power, build quality, beam profile(s) and its enduring cachet speak for themselves.

Three cell light: One less cell and same full size head diameter defeats the purpose for sacrificing one cell. If one cell is removed from the system to achieve smaller body diameter, then head diameter should be reduced, too. Such as the SX25L3. But cylindrical three cell lights, at this present day, are still woefully underamped at way less than 5,000 lumens.

Manker: MK34: Keep the same head design, but add the fourth cell and go with more fuel supply and the resultant additional power output.

Mk34 head is noticeable smaller than m43 head...check the picture out. Triangle minimises area while a circle maximizes.