Klarus        

Thread: Miboxer seek suggestion for C2 smart battery charger

Default Miboxer seek suggestion for C2 smart battery charger

Hi There,

We are going to develop a new 2 slots C2 smart battery charger for rechargeable.
    Here we would like to ask you all what detailed functions you want to fulfill as a smart battery charger?
    Pls kindly let us know here or email me if you have any suggestion.
    We will make this battery charger as per your suggestions you give to us.

Our C2 smart battery will come out at the beginning of 2017.
    Thank you in advance for your help.

www.miboxer.com
    Miboxer Team

Flashaholic*

Default Re: Miboxer seek suggestion for C2 smart battery charger

Proper cc/CV charging algorithm for life/lico/and 4.35v cells
    Proper -dt for NIMH
    Variety of current choices from 250ma to 2A
    Discharge and capacity test
    Also screen showing current, real time voltage, charge rate, mah, and a reliable and accurate internal resistance test
    Four bays and a quality power supply

Quote Originally Posted by vicv View Post
    Proper cc/CV charging algorithm for life/lico/and 4.35v cells
    Proper -dt for NIMH
    Variety of current choices from 250ma to 2A
    Discharge and capacity test
    Also screen showing current, real time voltage, charge rate, mah, and a reliable and accurate internal resistance test
    Four bays and a quality power supply
    Thanks for your message.
    Most of your suggestion of the functions has been fulfilled on our C4 smart charger.
    And we will add Variety of current choices from 250ma to 2A on our C2 charger, thanks for your suggestion.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by miboxer View Post
    Thanks for your message.
    Most of your suggestion of the functions has been fulfilled on our C4 smart charger.
    And we will add Variety of current choices from 250ma to 2A on our C2 charger, thanks for your suggestion.
    How about adding a 100mA current? Discharge and capacity test would be great too!
    Last edited by brighterthanthesun; 11-30-2016 at 08:19 PM.
    SD26vn, T6vn, U21vn#2, TN30vn35#2, K40Lvn, K40Mvn, U21vn#1, MK35vn, TN30vn50, X7vn, X45vn, EC50vn, EC60vn, D25Cvn, ToolvnCu, EC60vn, SC63w, T21vn, U11vn, TX25Cvn, S200C2vn & C22Cvn. Charger: SkyRC, MiBoxer C2-3000

Flashaholic*

From what I can see it only shows the voltage of the selected slot. Am I incorrect on this? Sorry about the 4 bays comment. Didn't realise this was for a 2 slot charger. Personally I'm a hobby charger guy but these more advanced cylindrical cell chargers are getting better

Quote Originally Posted by brighterthanthesun View Post
    How about adding a 100mA current? Discharge and capacity test would be great too!
    100mA also available on our C4 charger, and we have Discharge and capacity measurement function too.

- 0.125mA, 0.25mA, 0.5mA, 1mA, 2mA charging currents
    - Independent bay operation
    - CC/CV for li-ion and -dt (with V cutoff) charging for NiMH
    - slots allow for up to 72mm long cells
    - display voltage and charged current
    Not sure of analyzing (discharge capacity and iR) is in scope, but that would be useful too.

How about a cooling fan.
    My opus has one.

Flashaholic

Arrow Re: Miboxer seek suggestion for C2 smart battery charger

1._Variety of current choices from .5A, 1.0A, 1.5A, 2.0A
    2._Independent bay operation _ each bay capable of charging at a real 2.0A at the same time
    3._CC/CV for li-ion and -dt (with V cutoff) charging for NiMH
    4._Slots will accept up to 72.5mm cells
    5._Discharge capacity test mode & IR for each slot _ both accurate, reliable and repeatble
    6._Screen displays real time voltage, charge rate
    7._Quality power supply
    8._Cooling fan if deemed necessary

I would like to see charging and discharging current for NiMH batteries be programmable from 0.1A to 2.0A in increments of 0.1A (That makes 20 selectable charging and discarge current). And no trickle charge, or at least the opportunity to deselect it. Trickle charge isn't good for Low self discharge cells like eneloop.

A Break-In/Forming Mode for NiMH batteries would also be a nice feature (This is how one can measure capacity after IEC standards).
    Last edited by Viking; 12-01-2016 at 08:34 PM.

From what I can see it only shows the voltage of the selected slot. Am I incorrect on this? Sorry about the 4 bays comment. Didn't realise this was for a 2 slot charger. Personally I'm a hobby charger guy but these more advanced cylindrical cell chargers are getting better
    Hi Victor, you mean you want to all slots voltage showing on LCD at the same time?
    And you prefer 2 slots charger?

Quote Originally Posted by Powerup View Post
    How about a cooling fan.
    My opus has one.
    Thanks for your suggestion, we will forward it to our engineer for this features.

Quote Originally Posted by teacher View Post
    1._Variety of current choices from .5A, 1.0A, 1.5A, 2.0A
    2._Independent bay operation _ each bay capable of charging at a real 2.0A at the same time
    3._CC/CV for li-ion and -dt (with V cutoff) charging for NiMH
    4._Slots will accept up to 72.5mm cells
    5._Discharge capacity test mode & IR for each slot _ both accurate, reliable and repeatble
    6._Screen displays real time voltage, charge rate
    7._Quality power supply
    8._Cooling fan if deemed necessary

Hello Chuck, thanks for your suggestions, several suggestion is available on our C4 smart charger, you can test it when you get the charger.
    some suggestions is really good, I will forward it to my engineer, thanks very much.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    I would like to see charging and discharging current for NiMH batteries be programmable from 0.1A to 2.0A in increments of 0.1A (That makes 20 selectable charging and discarge current). And no trickle charge, or at least the opportunity to deselect it. Trickle charge isn't good for Low self discharge cells like eneloop.

A Break-In/Forming Mode for NiMH batteries would also be a nice feature (This is how one can measure capacity after IEC standards).
    Hello, thanks for your suggestion, yes, our next charger will come to 2A charging, for trickle charging, I think we will not make it.
    What is Break-In/Forming mode?

Quote Originally Posted by stephenk View Post
    - 0.125mA, 0.25mA, 0.5mA, 1mA, 2mA charging currents
    - Independent bay operation
    - CC/CV for li-ion and -dt (with V cutoff) charging for NiMH
    - slots allow for up to 72mm long cells
    - display voltage and charged current
    Not sure of analyzing (discharge capacity and iR) is in scope, but that would be useful too.
    Hello, thanks for your suggestion, yes, we will make more charging currents on our next chargers.
    and they will charge up to 72.5mm battery, your other suggestion is fulfilled on our C4 smart battery charger.
    Do you have interest to test it?

Grinser2 Re: Miboxer seek suggestion for C2 smart battery charger

Hi, I used the Miboxer C4 charger, an interesting product with good quality.
    Compatible different cells, can detects the battery resistance, I like this function.
    If the c2 also with this function will be great!

I vote for analyzing capabilities, and high discharge current, up to 2A would be great.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Johan Pelzl View Post
    Hi, I used the Miboxer C4 charger, an interesting product with good quality.
    Compatible different cells, can detects the battery resistance, I like this function.
    If the c2 also with this function will be great!
    It's not really ok to create a new account just to hock your product under a different name. In the other thread you said you thought this might be the charger for you then a couple hours later saying you have it and it's great. You're sending out samples for people to try. Why not wait for those results. Honestly doing this will turn people away from your product because it's manipulative. Just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by miboxer View Post
    What is Break-In/Forming mode?
    The below quotes is copy/pasted from Mahas homepage, which explains it better than I can do. It is also the official way of measuring capacity after IEC standards.

Battery “Forming” New batteries and those stored for extended period become chemically deactivated. Battery forming is a charge-discharge-charge cycle which forces a full charge into the battery at a very slow rate. This process activates the battery. In certain cases, it needs to be repeated two or three times. Battery forming can be performed using the Break-In mode.
    Break-In Mode (IEC capacity analysis)• Applies a 16-hour 0.1C charge (0.1 times the capacity of the battery), rest of one hour, followed by a 0.2C discharge, rest again, and finally a 16-hour 0.1C recharge again.• Recommended for brand-new batteries. This process is also known as “Forming Charge.” Also recommended with batteries that can not be rescued by the Refresh & Analyze mode.• Recommended once every 30 cycles for NiMH batteries.• Requires 39 to 45 hours to complete.• The process follows the IEC standard for determining battery capacity.
    http://www.mahaenergy.com/content/manual_mhc9000.pdf
    Last edited by Viking; 12-02-2016 at 05:38 PM.

It's not really ok to create a new account just to hock your product under a different name. In the other thread you said you thought this might be the charger for you then a couple hours later saying you have it and it's great. You're sending out samples for people to try. Why not wait for those results. Honestly doing this will turn people away from your product because it's manipulative. Just a suggestion
    Hi Victor, I just found that this is our colleague do it, he thought it would have some help to promote our charger.
    We are really sorry for this action, and we will not do it again, pls kindly trust us, we are a reliable manufacturer with no manipulation.

Quote Originally Posted by Viking View Post
    The below quotes is copy/pasted from Mahas homepage, which explains it better than I can do. It is also the official way of measuring capacity after IEC standards.

Thanks for your explaination, we will forward it to our enginner and see if we can make it.

http://www.mahaenergy.com/content/manual_mhc9000.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by CuriousOne View Post
    I vote for analyzing capabilities, and high discharge current, up to 2A would be great.
    Our coming C2 will have all those function, pls kindly wait a little bit.