Quality Driving Lamps and Fog Lamps

Sadden

Enlightened
Im looking for quality driving lamps for my Peterbilt. I have a big bush bar so I can fit most anything. I want to do 4 driving lamps (at headlmap height) and two fogs that i can mount much lower on the bumper.

Needs:
Dot/sae stamped/etched on the lense.
Halogen
Prefer to have the same brand/model so everything looks nice

I have been eyeing the hella jumbo 320ff. The halogen versions take an H7 which i think Virgil was saying will be able to be upgraded with one of the new halogens (for slightly more light and greater focus.)

Does anyone know if the J320ff has dot/sae markings on the lense? I emailed rallylights but have not gotten a reply yet. Im pretty sure 4 of those would nearly perfectly fill the area on the bush bar installed on the truck.

If not does anyone have any quality reccomendations?

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
I'm pretty sure most versions of the 320FF have SAE markings. There is no such thing as a DOT marking for a fog or "driving" (auxiliary high beam) lamp.

ingineer

Newly Enlightened
Sadden;
Look at the PIAA brand, seems like most BMW or Gold Wing riders are using these, esp the led ones, sae compliant.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Actually, disregard PIAA's overpriced, underperforming junk, much of which lacks SAE certification. And choose your lamps on their objective merits (performance, engineering, construction, approvals...) and not based on some guy's perception of what he thinks he sees random motorcycle riders using.

Last edited: