Klarus        

Thread: Redirect Issues Fixed (?)

Thumbs up Redirect Issues Fixed (?)

I received this email from Google this morning in response to my inquiry to them to re-scan CPF and provide further information regarding "hacked content":

Review successful for http://www.candlepowerforums[.]com/
    To: Webmaster of http://www.candlepowerforums[.]com/,
    Google has received and processed your security review request. Google systems indicate that http://www.candlepowerforums[.]com/ no longer contains links to harmful sites or downloads. The warnings visible to users are being removed from your site. This may take a few hours to happen.

So it seems we're "clean" now. Honestly, I didn't really do anything other than update the software and disable some plugins and scripting features. Those things have been in place and functioning just fine for many years. And even though I've disabled them, I have still scanned them for any compromises and there are none. I still have no idea what Google found objectionable. Funny they don't provide that information. (NOT! )

So now we carry on. I'll be doing more research on this and maintenance to re-enable the plugins again. The only disruption any of you should see is a reboot of the server occasionally. Otherwise... we should be good!

Default Re: Redirect Issues Fixed (?)

This is very good news, perhaps a drink is in order?

Quote Originally Posted by Thetasigma View Post
    This is very good news, perhaps a drink is in order?
    Had that last night...

Today it is back to our regularly scheduled program ... and Christmas shopping!

Thank you, Greta! Great work!

Thank you Greta! 😊
    McGizmo&Sebenza: Get It, Use It, Love It, BAN IT!! McGizmo Haiku Review Mac's Tri EDC Review Malkoff MDC Review MY LIGHTS

Flashaholic

<sarcasm>I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that Google doesn't disclose what they found objectionable. Thank you so much, Google.</sarcasm>

Thanks for the hard work, Greta!

Thank you, great job.

Looking good and faster than before.

Looking good?
    This morning I still got a weird ad website or something when I was googling stuff and clicked on an old CPF topic.
    I clicked 'back' and then clicked on the result again and it went to the proper CPF topic page.
    Is this that redirect issue people are talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Enderman View Post
    Looking good?
    This morning I still got a weird ad website or something when I was googling stuff and clicked on an old CPF topic.
    I clicked 'back' and then clicked on the result again and it went to the proper CPF topic page.
    Is this that redirect issue people are talking about?
    Most likely you were looking at cache contents, not the real page at first.

First of all a HUGE thanks Greta for all the time effort and no doubt head ache. Thank you as this is not a forum,it's a way of life for me.
    Didn't want to open another thread , also did not want to bother you by email /pm so apologies for adding this here.

I can access CPF only by iPhone , not by laptop. Laptop was on 7 and now windows 10(even tried that by updating). I get an F-secure warning of dangerous site, even if I turn it off. Tried several other browsers but still get dangerous site . For some reason and this was before the issue here, I could only post a pic from photobucket via laptop. On my iPhone or ipad(presume it's the latest iOS ) the IMG code just turns to a code. My laptop would post the pic (but can't use laptop due to this error with the site).

Been in contact with photobucket for over a month now, they are aware of the issue and I am not the only one with this issue. I have tried a different forum to post a pic(Pajero Owners) and it works on that site via phone/photobucket.

I am at a loss at what I can do my end to get onto CPF on my laptop, sausage fingers don't go too well with the phone.

Thanks again and appreciate all you do greta.

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Most likely you were looking at cache contents, not the real page at first.
    Oh ok thanks