Forum suggestion: "Best Headlight Bulb" sticky

eggsalad

Enlightened
I seems like there are a lot of requests in the form of "What's the best currently-available bulb in my needed format?"

Seems like a good idea for a sticky, to be maintained and updated by the mods.

Might save a lot of redundant posts?

Just a thought...

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
I seems like there are a lot of requests in the form of "What's the best currently-available bulb in my needed format?"
Yes, but sometimes those requests require us to ask the OP what they are driving, the condition of their headlamps, their preference for longer life (when bulbs are so difficult to change the dealer has to do it) or better performance, or any other number of things.

Seems like a good idea for a sticky, to be maintained and updated by the mods.
And it'd be a lot of maintenance! Improvements can come at any time, and a particular model could suddenly fall into disrepute if the maker suddenly starts doing things like heavily tinting the glass, or takes shortcuts in manufacture to the point that it's not "a bad run", rather it's "from here on out", etc.

We could probably build a guideline sticky, but for the most part that could result in people coming in, picking the bulb that is "the best" and going away, and never addressing issues like aim or lens condition-- even if it's in that very sticky!

Sadden

Enlightened
going away, and never addressing issues like aim or lens condition-- even if it's in that very sticky!

Not that Its a gurantee they will when they are being addressed directly in a thread either.

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not that Its a gurantee they will when they are being addressed directly in a thread either.
Perhaps, but at least we get a shot at it. In the current manner we can show we're not telling people to be idiots *directly*, in case some sue-happy person thinks they can pin someone's bad idea upgrade on us. :p

Magio

Enlightened
Perhaps, but at least we get a shot at it. In the current manner we can show we're not telling people to be idiots *directly*, in case some sue-happy person thinks they can pin someone's bad idea upgrade on us. :p

Someone really has to be a world class idiot to try to sue someone for advice given on a forum.