Thrunite tn40c or tn40s

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I am planning to purchase one today and can't decide between the cool white version with the battery pack or the neutral white battery carrier version. There is only a $30 difference. I also am a neutral white guy but was thinking a cool white for max brightness, as this light wouldnt be used as much as my pop can lights. Thanks for any help
trevor

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Tint, pack or no, price difference. That is a lot of variables to think about.

Try this: Close your eyes, think about one light, then think about the other light. Which one causes pulse rate to increase, visceral adrenaline spike? Buy that one.

Or: Assign a point value to each of the three variables. Denote how many points for each variable for each light, then add up the points and go with the light that has the most points.

Ryp

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try this: Close your eyes, think about one light, then think about the other light. Which one causes pulse rate to increase, visceral adrenaline spike? Buy that one.

Or: Assign a point value to each of the three variables. Denote how many points for each variable for each light, then add up the points and go with the light that has the most points.

Your first method would just lead me to buy both.

I use the second one quite often and it works.

Newlumen

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am planning to purchase one today and can't decide between the cool white version with the battery pack or the neutral white battery carrier version. There is only a $30 difference. I also am a neutral white guy but was thinking a cool white for max brightness, as this light wouldnt be used as much as my pop can lights. Thanks for any help
trevor

Alright. I will give you my opinion... if you are going for the built in rechargeable battery pack, then go with tn40vn spec 1 or spec 2. If you like Battery carrier, buy a tn40s...

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
Ok thanks guys, i think i will go with the TN40s in neutral white while it's on sale this month. Now i just need to sell my TN42 to replace it
thanks

start90a

Newly Enlightened
I'm always for flashlight without proprietary battery packs. So If I were you, I'll choose the tn40s..

P.S: why are you selling the TN42?

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I'm always for flashlight without proprietary battery packs. So If I were you, I'll choose the tn40s..

P.S: why are you selling the TN42?

I guess mainly because i dont have a use for the distance this light can do, my uses are usually 300 yards or less

kromc5

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the tn40s on Nov 30, still waiting on it to ship. If you already own a charger and 18650 batteries then I would go with the tn40s. The tn40c states 6800mah, I like to match my cells and if I take the average mah then I get 13000mah using my own cells.

start90a

Newly Enlightened
I ordered the tn40s on Nov 30, still waiting on it to ship. If you already own a charger and 18650 batteries then I would go with the tn40s. The tn40c states 6800mah, I like to match my cells and if I take the average mah then I get 13000mah using my own cells.

Tn40s is in pre order again...
For battery pack capacity: pay attention that they are 2S2P, so the capacity is 6800 mAh, but nominal tension is 7,4 V: the energy is the same.

kromc5

Newly Enlightened
Tn40s is in pre order again...
For battery pack capacity: pay attention that they are 2S2P, so the capacity is 6800 mAh, but nominal tension is 7,4 V: the energy is the same.

That's disappointing as I was hoping to get longer run times over the factory thrunite pack.

ncvarmint2016

Enlightened
I wonder how much longer before the tn40s ships? I think i will be happier with the nuetral white

kromc5

Newly Enlightened
I wonder how much longer before the tn40s ships? I think i will be happier with the nuetral white

Thrunite responded quickly to my th42 stock requested, but my tn40 email about shipping has not been answered.

kromc5

Newly Enlightened
Eva from thrunite responded and stated the ship date has been moved to Dec 18, sadly when I ordered they were in-stock per the website.

Last edited:

Theodore41

Enlightened
I ordered a CW TN40S yesterday from thrunite.com,to benefit from the Christmas price reduction of 20%.They say that the lights will be available in one week or so.
By the way,what type of batteries are you going to use with the light?Flat top or button top?

Theodore41

Enlightened

Today,I've got an email from thrunite.com,saying the following.

"TN40S will be shipped out through Germany in one week,

The notification email will be sent to you once the order is shipped out".
I live in EU.

kromc5

Newly Enlightened
Same for me today the email for states it left Virginia on its way to me.