Fixed my Olight!

battlestage

Newly Enlightened
I have a M21X Warrior that stopped cycling through modes a while back. After sending it to Olight (all the way to China in fact) and getting it back it only worked for a brief amount of time. I had set it aside and even forgot what was wrong with it so I decided to see if I could do it myself. Turns out the issue was a faulty connection in the tail cap and the clicky module had not been seated in the tailcap fully In frustration I had already written this light off, but it is nice to have an extra utility light I don't care to get bashed around.

After success with the Oight I decided to try and see if I could fixed my Inforce 6VX with no such luck, lol. I can't even get the ting apart. One out of two ain't bad though!

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Good deal. It's always satisfying to get a non working light going again.

I figure "it was once in pieces, somebody assembled it so it can be pieces again". But there have been those times where once it became pieces again it remained that way. Normally that lesson learned is handy for other times a light quit working so the effort was not wasted.

A friend of mine as a lad used to say "wth... it was already broken, it's just broker now." lol.

Welcome to CPF

Last edited:

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
I find it strange that when you sent the light in it didn't get a complete component disassembly, (pill assembly as a whole), switch etc, cleaning and reassembly as a part of the trouble shooting process.

I am glad you got one working though via "you the customer" service.

aginthelaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think I just did that to my acebeam. Found a switch to replace the tail switch but now it doesn't work at all. I switched tail caps from another light still doesn't work. It went from broke to broker...

Latest posts