Energizer e^2 Titanium batteries

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Hi!

As far as I know the "titanium" cells are alkaline cells also... But at advanced cell architecture. So the inner resistance sould be lower than at usual alkalines, which is good at high currents, because the voltage desnt drop this much.

I made VERY good experience with the Duracell ULTRA series, I suppose, the TITANIUM series is something similar.

But I will check this and give you more detailled knowledge...

Bye so far..

phantomas2002

D

**DONOTDELETE**

Ok, I just went to the technical data on Energizer's website and got the data sheets of the three AA cell types they manufacture:

briefcase.yahoo.com/aacelldata

In my opinion, there is no difference between the standard and the titanium data sheets, as they used the same graphs for inner resistance, etc. So there it is possible that despite of the new label you wont get a really improved cell.

What I can really recommend is their Lithium AA. I made some tests a haf year ago comparing them against alkaline cells from Energizer and Duracell at high currents and it was by far the winner. If you have any application, which draws 700+ mA from a cell, these cells are definitely superior.

These titanium cells are not yet available in Germany, but when they are, I will test them.

Bye,

phantomas2002

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I fyou won a "six-month-supply" of batteries, go and have a look for battery operated devices (batt.op. washing machine, tumbler, iron, etc...
smile.gif
).....

grin.gif

phantomas2002

D

**DONOTDELETE**

I supposed something like this. They should have a lower inner resistance. But what made me so angry is that they dont provide you with a right data sheet. They just copied the graphics from the usual alkaline cells...

So I could not say if they have really advantage...

As soon as these "Titanium" cells are available in Germany I will start a test draining them at different currents and draw discharge graphs (voltage/time)....

Bye,

phantomas2002

RonM

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Energizer E2 Titanium and whatever Duracell calls its version are designed for use in high drain devices. Particularly digital cameras. They don't actually have any more ampacity in them than regular alkalines. I've read a few test reviews where they were used on digicams with the flash and LCD screen on. Significantly more pictures could be taken with these special batteries. Digicams can often draw almost a full amp. They offer absolutely no advantage in low drain devices like many LED flashlights.