Acebeam K70 Direct Drive?

espurlock0921

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I'm new to the game here so my question is what exactly is a direct drive flashlight, and does anyone know if the Acebeam K70 is direct drive? Thanks.

-Evan

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey guys. I'm new to the game here so my question is what exactly is a direct drive flashlight, and does anyone know if the Acebeam K70 is direct drive? Thanks.

-Evan

Direct drive is exactly as it sounds. There is no driver circuit board controling the current flow and power so as the battery drains lumens drop. No regulation.. Its the battery pushing all the amps it can muster to the led. K70 is not direct dive. It has a driver.

espurlock0921

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the reply Alex. The reason I ask is I read that some batteries are harmful to direct drive lights. Is this true?

Alex1234

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for the reply Alex. The reason I ask is I read that some batteries are harmful to direct drive lights. Is this true?
I would say no. The more high drain the cell is the brighter the light will be. a protected cell might trip but even if it didn't it just would not be as bright as a high drain cell but i don't think it would harm it