The Official Zebralight Headlamp Thread

roger-roger

Enlightened
There are lots of good ZL headlamp threads, but a more general subject heading could prove to be useful.:)

I'll start with my recent purchase a week ago of the ZL 502w L2. I asked for an RMA two days later. It a great functional light and there's some regret in having it returned. I'll either wait for the release of a ZL AA flood lamp with updated specs, or perhaps the re-stocking of the H302w, which I'm told is 3-4 weeks out.

I mentioned in a couple flashlight threads that ZL was considering the option of adapting their SC5 electronics to the SC52, and seriously that's what I'd like to see in their AA headlamps as well.

Swedpat

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have H501w, H501red, H502w L2 and H52w. Great headlamps!
I was interested in some 18650 model also, but the mode spacing is not good. While the M1 is pretty similar to AA model the H1 differ around 10 times compared with M1, WAY too big difference. Recently ordered a Nitecore HC30NW instead.

davidt1

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had H501 (lost), H51w (traded), and now H502w and H52w which are my core EDC. Once in a while I stray a little but quickly come back to this EDC configuration. I have put thousands of hours on my ZL lights. I often use my H502w in my house instead house lights. The H52w powered by a 14500 battery is used at work.

tops2

Enlightened
For the headlamp, I just have the H600Fd and love it still. Its my pocket EDC now when pants allow.
Awesome flood and good tint/temperature. The long runtimes compared to my Olight S1 is another reason its become my pocket EDC.

Andrey

Newly Enlightened
What are runtimes with 14500 compared to eneloop?
H52w 108 lm on 14500 (SANYO 840 from Zebralight) -- 2.5h (tested by Mikkilighter);
H52w 108 lm on Eneloop Sanyo 2000mAh -- 3h (manufacturer info).

On higher capacity Eneloop Pro/XX H52w will run even longer -- almost 4 hours.
Keep in mind that with Eneloops, providing longer runtime for H52/SC52, you will lose 500lm-turbo for the first minute available only with 14500s.

roger-roger

Enlightened
H52w 108 lm on 14500 (SANYO 840 from Zebralight) -- 2.5h (tested by Mikkilighter);
H52w 108 lm on Eneloop Sanyo 2000mAh -- 3h (manufacturer info).

On higher capacity Eneloop Pro/XX H52w will run even longer -- almost 4 hours.
Keep in mind that with Eneloops, providing longer runtime for H52/SC52, you will lose 500lm-turbo for the first minute available only with 14500s.

I had to check the Zebralight specs again, and as far as I can tell the H502w L2 does not have the same turbo capability. Is there something with the H502w L2 design (or possibly the emitter) that can't provide turbo, or is it only a matter of waiting till ZL updates the specs?

I'm starting to feel the burn of not having a ZL AA flood headlamp, and to tell the truth I'd rather not go with an H302w if at all possible.

In the meantime I've temporarily pulled the H32Fw from the emergency car pack a couple times--not a good permanent solution.

Last edited:

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast

Andrey

Newly Enlightened
I'm starting to feel the burn of not having a ZL AA flood headlamp, and to tell the truth I'd rather not go with an H302w if at all possible.
I suggest H502c. My favorite light at the moment. It is the tiniest Zebralight headlamp currently available. Great warm high CRI flood beam!

Last edited:

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suggest H502c. My favorite light at the moment. It is the tiniest Zebralight headlamp currently available.

The H302 is just slightly shorter-- the website says 68.6mm as opposed to 70.1mm.

Only 1.5mm shorter than the H502? That's weird, given that the 123 cell is 16mm shorter than the AA cell is.

I wish they could shorten that a bit, in light of the shorter cell.

The new Olight H1 Nova is about 58mm, and feels *much* smaller than the H502. I don't like it for other reasons (I don't like the TIR optic, or the output levels), but I sure like the smaller size.

Last edited:

roger-roger

Enlightened
The H302 is just slightly shorter-- the website says 68.6mm as opposed to 70.1mm.

Only 1.5mm shorter than the H502? That's weird, given that the 123 cell is 16mm shorter than the AA cell is.

I wish they could shorten that a bit, in light of the shorter cell.

The new Olight H1 Nova is about 58mm, and feels *much* smaller than the H502. I don't like it for other reasons (I don't like the TIR optic, or the output levels), but I sure like the smaller size.

With later generation lights challenging the size factor vs heatsink abilities, in conjunction with increasing turbo mode intensities, I'd like to see ZL bring these lights up to date. I'm holding back on a couple of purchases because of this, waiting for ZL to hopefully get moving.

tech25

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was torn between the h600fc and the H600fw mk3 but the added runtime on H2 (4.3 hours vs 3.9) made me choose the mk3, the one thing that I dislike is green in the beam. Is there anywhere that I can order from that can check it beforehand? I don't want to order and send it back.

markr6

Flashaholic
I was torn between the h600fc and the H600fw mk3 but the added runtime on H2 (4.3 hours vs 3.9) made me choose the mk3, the one thing that I dislike is green in the beam. Is there anywhere that I can order from that can check it beforehand? I don't want to order and send it back.

I got lucky and found a place 5 minutes from my home to check before buying. But I don't know of many other Zebralight dealers; everyone I see seems to be online sellers.

roger-roger

Enlightened
Here's hoping my micro-mini saga with the ZL 502w L2 is coming to a close.

Since ZL hadn't issued a refund yet, I asked that if they'd send it back, which they did yesterday. Now I need to order the
properly fitted 14500.

Trango

Newly Enlightened
I wanted to order a H600Fc as a christmas gift for myself (it would be my first zebralight) unfortunately nkon is already 2 months out of stock :mecry: