New to my Wife 07 Denali Yukon XL headlight/taillight question...

Brannon132

Newly Enlightened
Ok guys so I researched the forum and now my head is spinning :mecry::mecry: so maybe you guys can help me.

About a month ago we purchased my wife a 07 Denali Yukon Xl she is super excited about it. It rides really nice but I noticed at night the headlights are very weak both in lowbeams and highbeams. I was wondering if you guys wanted to upgrade the headlights in the safest way possible what would you do?
I already know i do not want to go with some "junk" aftermarket stuff after doing research here.
So should I
Change out the bulbs and if so what kind of bulbs?
Put in new headlamp fixtures?
Buy a Cadillac grill and change the headlights?
Is there a led option?

Thank you guys, I'm trying to buy here these and a new stereo for Christmas!

Brannon

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Welcome to the board.

There is no LED option and there is no HID option. "HID kits" and "LED conversions" are not effective, safe, legal, or legitimate. I don't know the detailed ins and outs of that generation of Yukon, but I would be surprised if swapping on Cadillac parts would be easy or affordable, if it's even possible at all.

The best bulb you can install is this one. Don't waste your money on any of the so-called "extra white" bulbs from any maker. A bulb with the main claim being "whiter" light is a scam.

The headlamps themselves have to be genuine GM items, not aftermarket units (aftermarket = junk, no matter whether they're original-lamp lookalikes or redesigned in whatever way with projectors, halos, LEDs, etc), and they have to be in perfect condition with perfectly-clear lenses, without any clouding, hazing, crazing, or other degradation. They also have to be aimed correctly with an optical headlamp aiming machine.

Sadden

Enlightened
Doesnt look like anything will bolt on without a complete front end swap... Maaaaaaaaybe an escalade front end could be swapped on for a D1s Bixenon Projector, but it would be a pile of cash, and labor, and I wouldnt count on it being a direct bolt on.

I would snag the bulbs vigil recommended.
Make sure the OEM Headlamps are in good condition
Make sure they are aimed correctly
Make sure they are getting adequate voltage

After all of that if you are still not happy then you could look at adding an auxiliary lowbeam.

Brannon132

Newly Enlightened
That's a bummer I was hoping on going hid or led but I do really appreciate your help, I am going to order those bulbs you guys suggested. I have the automatic leveling on the Denali so even if I'm towing the headlights shouldn't change where they are aiming.

As far as adding an auxiliary lowbeam how hard is that to do and do you have one you suggest?

Thanks you for saving me money, time and headaches!

Brannon

Brannon132

Newly Enlightened
I know it doesn't automatically aim the headlights but it does keep the rig level even when towing.
What I don't know is how to aim the headlights properly or who I should take it to once I put the new bulbs in
Any ideas?

Thank you, Brannon

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
See post #2 in this thread for a link to the aiming information (underlined text on this board is a clickable link). Find a shop that has (and correctly USES) an optical headlamp aiming machine. Shining the lights on a wall, with or without marks, is not good enough.