Locator Flash What cha think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsoll

Enlightened
I just got my 4+ today, put simply, I love it! I paid for second day, they shipped it 3 day, I got it next day! Well, I went out to fedex and picked it up. I saw it showed up here in our fedex depot, and I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. The gal says no problem, if it's here. Anyway, It's now in my hands and I love it!! So, for those of you who have the locator beacon set at the lowest level, what do you think? I think it will be great, just set it on the nightstand with the locator on and it won't bother anybody, well I guess I'll find out for sure tonight! Well, I'll let you go now, I just had to rave about the beauty of this light, plumb awesome /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif Thanks for listening! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BobG

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the locator beacon will stay on the dim mode. It will slowly brighten and after a few minutes it will be flashing at a much brighter level than where it started. That is the way mine worked and There is athread out there somewhere in the last few days where a few people tested it out. You can set it from dim and get it to start dim but it brightens after a minute or so.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Bob, I've had mine flashin here by the computer for probably and hour or so and still is the same /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif I'll have to check for that thread and see what's up! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BobG

Newly Enlightened
That's great. Maybe the software was changed? Both my 4+ are 10 days old and probably obsolete by now. Oh boy I wonder if I can talk my wife into a "new" one.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the newer software reduced the brightness flash to the lowest level /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
Bob, if ya get her talked into it, let me know how you went about it /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif If she ends up clobbering you, don't forget the 1 free software upgrade!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

BobG

Newly Enlightened
Rothrandir.

Thanks for the info. Maybe I'll use my one free upgrade privilege for this. I like the idea of the locator beacon on level 16.

dtsoll

Enlightened
Because I don't know I'll ask, Software upgrades are available for seconds for the 20 dollars + shipping correct?
Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
software revision 123 set the find me flash at level 1, whereas software revision 130 set it at the level 16. dtsoll probably has revision 130, and bobg probably has revision 123 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sharkeeper

Enlightened
In the sticks of the Badlands of the East
[ QUOTE ]
I just got my 4+ today, put simply, I love it! I paid for second day, they shipped it 3 day, I got it next day! Well, I went out to fedex and picked it up. I saw it showed up here in our fedex depot, and I thought, what the heck, I'll give it a shot. The gal says no problem, if it's here. Anyway, It's now in my hands and I love it!! So, for those of you who have the locator beacon set at the lowest level, what do you think? I think it will be great, just set it on the nightstand with the locator on and it won't bother anybody, well I guess I'll find out for sure tonight! Well, I'll let you go now, I just had to rave about the beauty of this light, plumb awesome Thanks for listening! Doug

[/ QUOTE ]

I quoted this because it saved me from typing it again. Mine was shipped Thurs and wasn't due until next Tues! It was on the Fedex van yesterday (Friday) but never got delivered. I called them and they had it at the distro center which is a mile from my location! No brainer, even on a Saturday. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

What I am wondering if is there is a way to program the locator flash level. Level 16 is fine to use it the way it was intended...

As Mr. Murphy would dictate, I would rather have a full brightness locator. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif

I did see a thread about a member whose Arc4 second had a programmable locator!

Any ideas?

Cheers!

dtsoll

Enlightened
Sharkeeper, ya got me on that one, If I were to guess I'd say no. I missed the thread that you speak of. Someone will chime in with something more difinitive I'm sure!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sharkeeper

Enlightened
Ok, it appears that "feature" was fixed in the newer software revision. I suppose the locator is now hard coded in the software and not user adjustable. Not a problem.

I just like to know if I'm missing something! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

That is why I started the easter egg thread.

Cheers!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
the arc4 locator flash was never adjustable; it was just possible to temporarily adjust it by turning it off on a dimmer brightness level. if you prefer your light to flash at full brightness, software revision 123 does that /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

sharkeeper

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
the arc4 locator flash was never adjustable; it was just possible to temporarily adjust it by turning it off on a dimmer brightness level. if you prefer your light to flash at full brightness, software revision 123 does that

[/ QUOTE ]

Will Peter supply links to download all versions?

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts