Olight - S1 - MINI        

Thread: looking to buy green laser

Unenlightened

Default looking to buy green laser

Please help.
    To much information out there.
    I'm looking to spend $100-$300 for a high power (200mw-2w), good quality GREEN, handheld laser. Either a personal build or commercially sold or even a kit.
    Does anyone have one for sale, can build one for me or direct me to the right place or places?
    Thank you.

Default Re: looking to buy green laser

Laserpro.com
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.
    That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have
    their shoes.

Unenlightened

Thanks for your response titan. Can't find anything pertinent at laserpro.com.
    Do you maybe mean laserpointerpro? I have seen many bad reviews of this company.

Unenlightened

I was browsing on another forum, Texas Bowhunter, looking for a green light to do some night time pig hunting here in Texas. I saw a guy selling a Laser Genetics NS 300 subzero laser illuminator.
    Inhavent bought it yet but I'm sorely tempted. Here's a link to their sight http://lasergenetics.com/.

is this more what you're looking for?
    why laser over light?

Flashaholic*

If you have a Frys electronic store nearby give them a look. Most likely any electronics store chain will carry green lasers
    will work for peanuts

Flashaholic

Have you tried www.wickedlasers.com or www.appliedlaser.com?

Check them out and see if they have something that will work for you.

Good Luck,
    Tim

I've got one for sale, runs on 18650. Older hi end laser.

Unenlightened

Quote Originally Posted by nfetterly View Post
    I've got one for sale, runs on 18650. Older hi end laser.
    Can you let me know more about it nfetterly?

The laser pointer from Orion is excellent. Bought a cheap pointer off e-bay and it didn't work all that well. Bought the Orion one and it has worked extremely well. The cheap ones often don't work when it's cold (the cheap one I had wouldn't work at temps less than 50* F). My Orion one will work down to -20* F (just had to check it out once, I don't actually go out much when it's that cold).

This may be a little late, but I think that you would be very happy with the green laser pointer sold by Sanwu: https://www.sanwulasers.org/product/304green

The item is a steal at its modest $18 + $3 shipping cost.
    While that excludes the needed 18650 cell and the associated charger, plus it is delivered in bubble wrap inside a manila envelope with zero documentation, it is huge value.
    The item itself is listed as a Cat 3 laser, 532 +/- 10 nM wavelength, so a powerful and legitimately green laser pointer.

The item has a built in lock on the tailcap, with 2 keys, plus a screw on diffuser that fragments the laser beam unless removed.
    Both these safety precautions appear entirely warranted, this is not a toy and should be used carefully.
    Last edited by etudiant; 04-14-2017 at 06:27 PM. Reason: spelling error

Unenlightened

Thank you etudiant. Very interesting site. Hadn't seen this one before. May try their $15 green laser and see how it goes.

Just got a 303 in green and it's not bad at all. Very bright and will burn a match if you color the end black.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/262868859359...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Unenlightened

Help Re: looking to buy green laser

Quote Originally Posted by kardenm View Post
    Thanks for your response titan. Can't find anything pertinent at laserpro.com.
    Do you maybe mean laserpointerpro? I have seen many bad reviews of this company.
    Would you mind telling us where you see many negative reviews about this website?I purchased a 1000mw green laser and a 5000mw blue laser from this website via Google the other day.Given all that,Iím a little worried about the quality.

Thanks etudiant. Just got my green 303 after a couple weeks. Like you said, zero documentation. Thought it was bad 'till I put my battery + end toward tail. Boy, this thing is awesome! I can see why they say "touch a star". I also got the five pack of diffusers and they are so cool! Each of the 100 points of light are as bright as my little laser pointer. They are well made and have this interesting way of the two halves slipping so you don't over-tighten.
    I would've paid five times this much for this beast. It's almost scary. I can see why it has a key switch. Red is off and green is on. Figured it'd be the opposite where red is danger and green is safe.
    Last edited by lewie2s; 08-30-2017 at 08:02 PM.