Sylvania, Wagner or Philips

Buck91

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just has a tail bulb go out on the truck, initially I was just going to pick up a replacement and not worry about it as usual... Then I figured I'd pick some brains here.

Any appreciable difference between a standard replacement 4057 that my truck has in the tail/brake/turn signals? Do the long life versions really offer longer life?

Alaric Darconville

Flashlight Enthusiast
Just has a tail bulb go out on the truck, initially I was just going to pick up a replacement and not worry about it as usual...
Make that *two* replacements-- the same position bulb on the other side is probably getting close to ready to go.

Any appreciable difference between a standard replacement 4057 that my truck has in the tail/brake/turn signals? Do the long life versions really offer longer life?
"Long Life" bulbs start out less intense and will "black pearlize" the inside of the bulb long before the filament gives out. They'll keep lighting up, but will be less and less effective over time.

Choose Philips or Osram-Sylvania first -- leave Wagner for "this was the only brand I could find" moments. But if you replace in pairs, and keep the remaining bulb as a spare, then reorder as soon as possible, you shouldn't have such a moment.