Looking for light recommendations for race car

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragstang86

Newly Enlightened
I have been doing a lot of reading on the forums but decided to make a post and get some recommendations for an idea I have for my race car. In my type of racing there is an advantage to be had if I can make it difficult for my opponent to look at me both via his mirrors and/or turning and looking back at me in the lane next to him. The ideal light would prevent the other driver from being able to focus on me for a few second period or at least effect his depth perception of my closing rate, once the lights are turned on. The light would need to be effective about 25 feet to each side and as far forward as possible but a minimum of 100 feet. The ideal spot for me to place this light would be in about a 12" x 3" area so I'm not sure if such a light even exists in that size. I'm not sure how blinding those LED light bars are in meaningful distance?

Thanks for any advice/help you can offer.

Ken_McE

Flashlight Enthusiast
You're asking us to blind people while they're driving a race car?

No.

Just no.

ssanasisredna

Enlightened
I have been doing a lot of reading on the forums but decided to make a post and get some recommendations for an idea I have for my race car. In my type of racing there is an advantage to be had if I can make it difficult for my opponent to look at me both via his mirrors and/or turning and looking back at me in the lane next to him. The ideal light would prevent the other driver from being able to focus on me for a few second period or at least effect his depth perception of my closing rate, once the lights are turned on. The light would need to be effective about 25 feet to each side and as far forward as possible but a minimum of 100 feet. The ideal spot for me to place this light would be in about a 12" x 3" area so I'm not sure if such a light even exists in that size. I'm not sure how blinding those LED light bars are in meaningful distance?

Thanks for any advice/help you can offer.

Not sure what class you are racing in, but I don't know any serious racing class that does not have strict rules on lighting for night racing.

scout24

Flashaholic
Really? Done. I should delete this, but I'll move it to Automotive Lighting where Virgil and or Alaric can do what they see fit with it... :rolleyes: Have at it, gents!

Last edited:

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
Jeez. Some people! Nothing more to add to this, but instead of deleting it let's leave it up as a skull-on-a-stake type of deal.

Thanks for applying smackdown, folks, and happy new year!

-Virgil-

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.