CREE pill tool?

Sdc04364

Newly Enlightened
I just purchased a uniquefire ir 850nm flashlight that comes with additional Cree pills one red one green. I cannot get the pill to unscrew from flashlight. there is two holes opposing each other on a threaded aluminum housing. The pills have left handed threads, and did not budge using a pair of snap ring pliers. is there a special tool? it was suppose to be Christmas gift. I could really use some help trying to figure this out.

thank you, please see link to image of cree pill

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...b3bbd2cf0123f1bce343862bd8e2344bo0&ajaxhist=0

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just purchased a uniquefire ir 850nm flashlight that comes with additional Cree pills one red one green. I cannot get the pill to unscrew from flashlight. there is two holes opposing each other on a threaded aluminum housing. The pills have left handed threads, and did not budge using a pair of snap ring pliers. is there a special tool? it was suppose to be Christmas gift. I could really use some help trying to figure this out.

thank you, please see link to image of cree pill

https://www.bing.com/images/search?...b3bbd2cf0123f1bce343862bd8e2344bo0&ajaxhist=0
Nothing special I see in that pic. If the snap ring pliers don't fit and that's why try pointy tweezers. If that doesn't work perhaps there's some glue or threadlock

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
A good set of precision needlenose will turn that right out, something with pointy jaws small enough to fit in the holes. Often, in my experience, snapring pliers and tweezers and the like just aren't thick enough for you to really torque on them like you need to. So I always go with a small set of needlenose.

m4a1usr

Enlightened
The use of some heat applied to the assy may be required. While not typical of most Chinese lights, it may apply in your case. Your pic shows a typical C8 led assy in design. The outer holes are for removing the led assy while the black inner ring is for removing the led mcpcb from the pill.

Sdc04364

Newly Enlightened
Thank you all for the help, I did end up getting it lose with a pair of needle nose pliers and I think it was secured in with some type of adhesive.