Need some help finding an HID kit

Enderman

Enlightened
So I'm having trouble finding a good quality HID bulb+ballast with about 50-100W and 6000+ lumens.
Anyone know some good bulb+ballast combos that can be purchased for a few hundred bucks or less?

There are a lot of cheap 75 or 100W chinese hid car kits but I don't trust the specs they advertise at all.
I've looked for xevision 75W 8300 lumen bulbs and ballasts but can't find them in any online stores like amazon or whatnot.
Ideally the lamp I use will have a short arc, like 1mm or so, I'm not sure what the arc gap in the hellfire bulb is. The shorter the better, but I want more than 6k lumens for sure, which I think might not be possible with a 50W kit, so 75 or 100W would be best?

Side question, the hellfire here has a 3700lm output from the light, including reflector efficiency loss and everything, ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-intensive)&p=4003353&viewfull=1#post4003353 ) but it only uses a 35W bulb, and 35 bulbs supposedly make only 3000-3500 lumens. How is this possible? It can't be being overdriven by a 50W ballast because it only draws ~3 amps at 12v which is 36W...

A_L_R_O_M

Newly Enlightened
May be it's due to custom bulb. If it is well manufactured and a bit overdriven, it can produce a lot of lumens.

XeRay

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've looked for xevision 75W 8300 lumen bulbs and ballasts but can't find them in any online stores like amazon or whatnot.
Ideally the lamp I use will have a short arc, like 1mm or so, I'm not sure what the arc gap in the hellfire bulb is. The shorter the better, but I want more than 6k lumens for sure, which I think might not be possible with a 50W kit, so 75 or 100W would be best?

Side question, the hellfire here has a 3700lm output from the light, including reflector efficiency loss and everything, ( http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...e-intensive)&p=4003353&viewfull=1#post4003353 ) but it only uses a 35W bulb, and 35 bulbs supposedly make only 3000-3500 lumens. How is this possible? It can't be being overdriven by a 50W ballast because it only draws ~3 amps at 12v which is 36W...

At XeVision We don't sell on amazon etc. we only sell direct, mostly Aviation and military applications. To get 6000 Lumens out the front you would need a ballast output (not input) of more than 60 watts. None of the HID products you have mentioned are short arc. The hellfighter and every other similar HID product (not Xenon short arc) uses bulbs with between 3.9 mm (DL50 "Fatboy") to 4.2 mm (all other bulbs). Short arc has very much lower lumens/watt efficiency, If you want lots of lumens per watt short arc is not the answer, if you want a very small arc gap, Xenon short arc is the only answer. These are competing priorities.
Surefire uses the same off the shelf bulb technology as everyone else in this "game", nothing special about their bulb. To get that out the front output, it would need at least 40 watts to the bulb, more likely 45 watts. 35 watt HID is about 91 lumens per watt, 50 watt HID is somewhat more efficient about 107 lumens per watt, 70-80 watt HID is about 110 lumens per watt, these numbers assume only High quality HID bulbs are being used. The most efficient ballasts are 90-92% so there is no way the numbers for the surefire you listed can be true. To get 35 watts to the bulb you need 38-40 watts into the ballast.

Enderman

Enlightened
At XeVision We don't sell on amazon etc. we only sell direct, mostly Aviation and military applications. To get 6000 Lumens out the front you would need a ballast output (not input) of more than 60 watts. None of the HID products you have mentioned are short arc. The hellfighter and every other similar HID product (not Xenon short arc) uses bulbs with between 3.9 mm (DL50 "Fatboy") to 4.2 mm (all other bulbs). Short arc has very much lower lumens/watt efficiency, If you want lots of lumens per watt short arc is not the answer, if you want a very small arc gap, Xenon short arc is the only answer. These are competing priorities.
Surefire uses the same off the shelf bulb technology as everyone else in this "game", nothing special about their bulb. To get that out the front output, it would need at least 40 watts to the bulb, more likely 45 watts. 35 watt HID is about 91 lumens per watt, 50 watt HID is somewhat more efficient about 107 lumens per watt, 70-80 watt HID is about 110 lumens per watt, these numbers assume only High quality HID bulbs are being used. The most efficient ballasts are 90-92% so there is no way the numbers for the surefire you listed can be true. To get 35 watts to the bulb you need 38-40 watts into the ballast.
Thanks for the info! Makes a lot of sense :)
The info I read about the surefire must have been incorrect.

I guess a non-short arc HID bulb is what I'm looking for, short arc will be for a separate project.
So to buy a bulb and ballast from xevision I would need to contact you guys directly and make an order, correct?
Would that fit my budget of a couple hundred dollars or would it cost a lot more?

I would much rather pay $200 for a good quality HID kit than $100 for one of those cheap kits from ebay or aliexpress that probably get like 50% of their advertised output.