A differnt review..MiBOXER C4 charger

unclearty

Enlightened
This has been copied from a review I did for an RC car forum.......
First...I race Mini Z and Kyosho F1 cars. I use alot of AAA NiMh batteries. I have 3 different chargers I use regularly...a LaC***** Bc700...a Tene***TN160 and a no name 4 bay charger.
I got the opportunity to test and review a new charger, so I jumped at it.
It's a 4 bay charger that does NOT have a large cumbersome wall wart. It uses a short ac plug that is removable...very nice. Upon unpacking, I was pleasantly surprised at how neat it was packed..simple. I decided to try it as if I didn't read the manual. I simply grabbed 4 used batteries and popped them in...I did NOT touch anything...I just let it take over. The first thing I noticed was....AAA batteries don't fit very well....it would seem this was designed more for larger batteries...AA sized and larger. The company includes a small cradle to support only 2 AAA batteries at a time ..??? The cradle works very well, but for racers, this is a problem.
I emailed the man who sent me the test unit. I was told that they can start including 2 of the cradles with future units..Nice!
I was pleasantly surprised to see that the charger took over and began charging without any input from me. The unit never got hot...barely warm at all. When it had finished charging, I pulled the batteries out and let them rest for about an hour. I then did a simple voltage test with a voltmeter...I got 1.47 volts....impressive.
This new charger can handle NiCd, NiMh and LiPo cells...all without having to touch any buttons...very cool.
Now...this impressed me for a newbie starting out...but....this unit has a number of other features as well. As you become more familiar with the unit, you can adjust charge voltage settings, and charge current settings. It can even check the internal resistance of batteries...HOWEVER...at this time, it can only do that on the #4 charging slot. It can also check battery capacity, but again...only one battery at a time...in the 4th charging slot.
As I said, this was an new unit for the company and they are looking for constructive criticism and ideas. I have been reading other reviews as well and have learned that they are discussing adding a small cooling fan, including a 2nd battery cradle for AAAs and increasing charging current options.
Overall, I am very impressed with this unit. It feels more solid than my other 2 ...4 slot chargers...it sits truly flat on a table...both my other chargers seem warped and wobble when pressing function buttons.
Now..the best part....I emailed them asking what these units will be selling for in the US...they told me the unit should be about $30 !!! For that money, this charger should be a very big hit.

Last edited:

brighterthanthesun

Enlightened
This charger sounds very interesting, especially if they incorporate the suggestions that have been given on the many review threads on CPF. It seems like an obvious business plan; put your product out there, get constructive critiscism from knowledgable people and then incorporate the new ideas.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
It certainly sounds like they have taken all ideas seriously...can't wait to see what they come out with next!

The charger came out of nowhere and now everybody's reviewing it.

What sets it apart from the zillions of other, well established brands and models that have been thoroughly tested?

Until Selfbuilt, or HKJ test it out, electrically, I'll reserve judgement. If somebody sent me a free charger to keep, I could find some positive attributes to write about.

Sorry to be a buzz kill.

Chris

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
The charger came out of nowhere and now everybody's reviewing it.

What sets it apart from the zillions of other, well established brands and models that have been thoroughly tested?

Until Selfbuilt, or HKJ test it out, electrically, I'll reserve judgement. If somebody sent me a free charger to keep, I could find some positive attributes to write about.

Sorry to be a buzz kill.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Glad to know you want to test our Miboxer C4 charger.
Pls kindly send me email for more details: [email protected]
I will reply you there

miboxer

Newly Enlightened
It certainly sounds like they have taken all ideas seriously...can't wait to see what they come out with next!
Next is C2 charger, it will add more function than C4, and it will come out after our CNY holiday.

ChrisGarrett

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Chris,

Glad to know you want to test our Miboxer C4 charger.
Pls kindly send me email for more details: [email protected]
I will reply you there

I'm sorry that my post came off sounding somewhat abrasive, as you just seemed to pop up out of nowhere.

I'm not much of a reviewer and I really don't have the ability to do your charger justice and test it out thoroughly, hence my suggestion to let Selfbuilt and/or HKJ test out your C4 charger.

Good luck with your products going forward.

Chris