Recommend a 1xAA, no-hotspot, reverse-clicky CREE flashlight?

river251

Newly Enlightened
Hello, my first post. :) But a long time reader.

I need a flashlight to hang off my turn signal stalk in my car...I am always losing things in the car at night.

I would really like a flood pattern without a bright hot center so I can see the whole front area of the car.
I really prefer a reverse clicky so I can get to a good level of output with one hand. Memory would be great.
I have looked at reviews with beam shots for the Thrunight 1A and T10, Fenix E12, and SOG Dark Energy DE-03. All have a bright center and I'm beginning to think all torches do. I have an Olight T-25 that also has a bright center but it gradually diminishes in brightness out to the spill or outer part. That would be OK if I can not find a real even flood beam, but the T-25 is too big to hang off the turn signal. There is already a large folding knife and Leatherman hanging off the tilt knob so no room for a 2AA light. I want to stay with AA, as I have a Powerex charger that can really keep my Eneloops in good condition. I also have a Fenix E-21 which has a small very bright hot spot and I don't think it would be good in the close confines of a car.
Thanks...

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Most lights do have a hotspot of some kind...I have a Sunwayman T16R which is the only lamp I have ever seen with a 100% flood and it has an aspherical lens. It uses at CR123 battery tho which is a pain.

Last edited:

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
The new Tip like lights are not AA but are easily and quickly rechargeable and have no real Hotspot at all.
I would think they are ideal for this use?

vadimax

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight S1A:

FL-OL-S1A-CN-9.jpg

Last edited:

sgt253

Enlightened
Check out Four Sevens "Atom" AA model. There is no parabolic reflector; its a "mule" type light. It comes in a couple of battery varieties if one is so inclined. The "neutral" model with the Nichia emitter, I hear people talk highly about. Good luck.

AVService

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check out Four Sevens "Atom" AA model. There is no parabolic reflector; its a "mule" type light. It comes in a couple of battery varieties if one is so inclined. The "neutral" model with the Nichia emitter, I hear people talk highly about. Good luck.

Great little light but no switch at all,its a twisty.

river251

Newly Enlightened
oops!:duh2: Forgot to mention that. Thanks.

Thank you all for the responses. I didn't know how to find my way back here for a bit.

I'll do some research on each of these. That Olight OS1 beam looks pretty nice. I'll report back. Thanks again.
Jim

river251

Newly Enlightened
The new Tip like lights are not AA but are easily and quickly rechargeable and have no real Hotspot at all.
I would think they are ideal for this use?

Thanks. Can you say a bit more about what you mean by "Tip like" lights? Have a link?

Yes I guess I could buy a charger for other cell types, but my PowerX does various kinds of cycling that can keep them healthy and I have not seen anything like this for popular torch cells... I don't know if it's really needed but I put my Eneloop AAs and AAAs through breakin charging every couple of months.