Anyone know where I can get a 18650 battery box with high amp usb ports ?

mikeloeven

Newly Enlightened
I recently tried to set up a dual headlight system on my bike and in the process I ended up burning out my battery box because apparently the two USB ports shared the 2 amp limit rather than 2 amps per port.

Basically does anyone know where I can find a 4 X 18650 battery box with two USB ports that have hardened independent power circuits of at least 2.5 amps per port or a total of 5 amps??

I like being able to change out the batteries which lets me double my run times on the trails so the battery compartment needs to be something i can open with my hands without needing a screw driver.

also of note I use Protected Panasonic NCR18650's which are slightly longer than some other 18650's so It needs to have a spring type battery connection instead of a tight fitting one.

At this point i have been unable to find anything near the specs i want after several hours of searching. Apparently high draw USB devices are rather rare.

Last edited:

mikeloeven

Newly Enlightened
Doing some further testing the average draw per light is around 1.9 amp so dual usb ports of 2.1 amp
which is more standard would suffice