How long does it take to charge a Tube?

PartyPete

Enlightened
Santa left a nice shiny black Tube in my stocking this year. [emoji106]

I used it very briefly upon first opening it and again for maybe 10 minutes later on to walk my dogs. I wanted to fully charge it so I plugged it in for about 2 hours. The blue light came on and stayed on but never turned off. I removed it from the charger and went to bed.

Again, this morning I put onto a different USB plug, blue light comes on again...but after about 3 hours the light remains on.

My question is, I was under the impression that 1) charge time is about 2 hours 2) the light turns off when fully charged. Should it be fully charged by now?

nbp

Flashaholic
About 2 hours for me. I just charged up 3 new Tubes a couple days ago and they charged about that long and then the light went off as you mentioned.

Maybe you could attempt to fully discharge it and try again?

PartyPete

Enlightened
I've probably charged it, collectively, for about 6 hours, used it for 15 minutes...yet blue light still remains on during charge.

I'll try discharging it and trying again. I don't think I've come across anyone else with this issue. I'll see what happens when I drain it fully.

nbp

Flashaholic
I had one that after a year or so would no longer take a charge so I tossed it. I guess yours could be defective but yeah I'd try using til it's dead and recharging. Then at least you'll know if it can take a charge.

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
Does the source of power for the USB port slow it down maybe? Like charging from a laptop vs a wall USB charger? Sounds like yours is slow but just curious.

PartyPete

Enlightened
Does the source of power for the USB port slow it down maybe? Like charging from a laptop vs a wall USB charger? Sounds like yours is slow but just curious.
Wall charger with Samsung cord and block

PartyPete

Enlightened
Well, I've completely discharged the battery to the point where it wouldn't even turn on and attempted to charge it again, but same issue - it's been well over 3 hours and the blue light remains on.

The light seems functional otherwise, but it's a tad disappointing to have issues right away as my other similar USB light is about the same price and works fine after 7 months now.

Still, not a bad little light but we'll see how it goes in the next few months.