Unusual 2.4v 800mAh NI-CD "C" Sized cell

Beckett

Newly Enlightened
I'm a bit confused trying to source a proper charger for a possibly odd cell used in medical devices and gas detectors. It is a 2.4v 800mAh NI-CD exactly the same size as a standard "C" Sized cell.

My hope is that the Opus BT - C3100 V2.2 will charge it, but I can't confirm that the device will adapt to this apparently non-conforming battery configuration.

Is there a way for me to work out and understand the compatibility between the two? Or is there a correct method to charge the cell that I am missing?

1345.JPG

Thanks for any advice. My first question in at least four years of reading, but I'm just stuck on this one and can't figure it out. Perhaps I should have completed my original registration which my email dates to 08/15/12 at 9:17 PM.

HKJ

Flashaholic
The cell is not a cell, but a battery containing two cells in series, this means any single cell charger is out. As TinderBox says: get a hobby charger, it can charge just about anything and they are not very expensive. Just be aware that many hobby chargers need a low volt DC supply, they are seldom mains powered.

Beckett

Newly Enlightened
The cell is not a cell, but a battery containing two cells in series...

Could 2 common cells be used in series to recreate the same function?

If so, then 2 off-the-shelf cells using a standard charger might replace the non-standard series?