Brightest 9012 bulb for 2016 Toyota Rav4

OffTheWall503

Newly Enlightened
I am in search of the brightest, highest lumen output bulbs for my GFs 2016 Toyota Rav4. She has the halogen lamps which use a 9012 bulb.

The consensus seems to be either the Vosla HIR2 +30 or the Sylvania SS? Input would be appreciated.

-Matt

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
There is no such thing as the so-called "third generation" HIR bulb, that is a piece of made-up marketing fluff. That bulb is a 9012LL (long life = less luminance).

Sylvania Silver Star bulbs are not an upgrade, they're a downgrade -- like all other bulbs with blue tint that covers the whole glass. See this thread for details. The Vosla +30, available at a good price in a GM box, shares the top-pick spot with the Sylvania Xtravision 9012XV (which is not widely distributed).

Candlepower's store has blue bulbs and blue headlights for the same reason everyone else sells them: easy profit.

LeanBurn

Flashlight Enthusiast
you know it and I know it...I am just quoting from the candlepower store. At one time it used to sell stuff that fell in line more closely to the recommendations of Daniel Stern...$ talks I guess.