Review: The Utorch UT02 - a simple, unprofessional review with pics and 2 beamshots.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi all,

Ordered the Utorch UT02 (neutral white tint) from GearBest and paid a reasonable amount after taking into account the discount from dazed1's thread, I originally wanted the Manker U21 but they did not have any stock of the neutral version and was a bit apprehensive about the Utorch as I read a lot of reviews stating that it wasn't as bright etc etc.

Well, whatever it is, perhaps I am lucky but this bad boy is bright! I have a Convoy C8 and a Convoy L2 for comparison (see 1st pic) and it's just a hair taller than the C8 and substantially shorter than the L2.

The fit and finish is excellent, springs are also spot on, in fact all the pictures of the light (excluding beamshots) could have been taken from the Manker U21, these two lights are that alike. Oh and one more then the lanyard attachment point is excellent, it's big and wide enough to slip a clip through and still tailstand! Love it!

The UT02 feels perfect in my grip while the L2 is a bit bulky and heavy (you can attach the 2nd cell attachment to give the L2 more heft and weight if you need it *wink wink*), the C8 is perfect for shoving into my bermudas and off we go. Again, the UT02 fits perfectly

Also, I have successfully charged using my PC and USB cable using a LiitoKala 26650 5000mAh 20A 3.6v cell no issues with recharging this cell while it is loaded on the UT02.

Well, let the pictures do the talking (I apologise for the quality of the pictures as these were all taken with my mobile (which also was bought from GearBest hehe)):

Convoy C8 - UT02 - Convoy L2

C8 (lo) - UT02 (lo) - L2 (lo)

C8 (med) - UT02 (med 1) - L2 (med)

C8 (high) - UT02 (med 2) - L2 (high)

C8 (high) - UT02 (high) - L2 (high)

C8 (high) - UT02 (turbo) - L2 (high)

BEAMSHOTS

UT02 - high

UT02 - turbo

Note the amount of light pollution, pictures were taken at approximately 1230 am

Cheers!!

Last edited:

dazed1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks!

Its a great small review, people who are not into reviewing, cant really understand how much work involves to post even "little review" like yours, if you ask me you did great job, and i like the light as well, cheers and happy holidays! :wave:

the Kwan

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the review, it looks pretty decent, especially on turbo mode. :)

klrman

Newly Enlightened
I read the switch is supposed to light up purple when it is turned off, but mine does not do that. Is that normal?

Update: It does in fact light up but only when in sos/strobe mode, but nothing about that in the specs that came with it.

Last edited: