Bosch or Cibie

1990CrownVic

Newly Enlightened
Hi there, this is my first post. Long time I've been following this forum, and usually I can found the answers that I look for without posting, but now I couldn´t found an answer. Here it goes:
I have an old 1990 Crown Vic. The original headlights were terrible (H4656 35/35w and H4651). I put relays in it but the improvement wasn´t great, so I installed some rectangular Bosch H4 and Cibie H1 and wow! That was a big improvement. They are paired with regular OSRAM bulbs. I'm pretty satisfied with this setup.
But now, I found a guy that are selling a pair of used, but in very good shape (and cheap), Cibie rectangular H4. It would be an improvement over my current setup? Or the Bosch have a similar performance compared with the Cibies?

Any advice would be very appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Denis.

-Virgil-

Flashaholic
You could pick them up as spares to put on the shelf, but no, it is not worth swapping to them; the Bosches are quite good in that size. You'd do very well to put in a set of these H4 and these H1 bulbs, and make sure the lamps are aimed correctly -- H4s on low beam to the "VOL" specification and H1s on high beam to the "VO" specification, with the H4 lamp next to it covered or unplugged. Aim specs are here.

1990CrownVic

Newly Enlightened
You could pick them up as spares to put on the shelf, but no, it is not worth swapping to them; the Bosches are quite good in that size. You'd do very well to put in a set of these H4 and these H1 bulbs, and make sure the lamps are aimed correctly -- H4s on low beam to the "VOL" specification and H1s on high beam to the "VO" specification, with the H4 lamp next to it covered or unplugged. Aim specs are here.

I see. Thank you Virgil for your quick reply! I´ll follow your advice. Anyways, I already have a set of Philips Xtreme Power H4 as spares, but taking into account their useful life, I'll buy the 9003s.

Thanks again!!

Denis.

Latest posts