ArmyTek        

Thread: EC35 Bronze

Default Re: EC35 Bronze

Well, fine. Where is a buy link and a discount offer?

Very smart and love the 4000k xpl HI choice!

That to bad it not bronze . Next flashlight please . I cross it off my list.

Quote Originally Posted by jankowiak View Post
    That to bad it not bronze . Next flashlight please . I cross it off my list.
    Wonder how do you determine that. Those are bronze bearings:

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by vadimax View Post
    Wonder how do you determine that. Those are bronze bearings:

I bought one of these and the color is very similar to this. Are you saying it is not bronze but plating or something?

Quote Originally Posted by staticx57 View Post
    I bought one of these and the color is very similar to this. Are you saying it is not bronze but plating or something?
    I say nothing as I don't own that light. But in the post #4 there is a claim that it is not bronze. After that I asked how has he determined it is not bronze

My image is an argument that bronze without patina is bright. For example, this is nickel aluminum bronze -- the "king" of bronze alloys (has the best machining, strength, corrosion resistance features):

Last edited by vadimax; 01-07-2017 at 12:56 PM.

Flashaholic*

I say nothing as I don't own that light. But in the post #4 there is a claim that it is not bronze. After that I asked how have he determined it is not bronze

My image is an argument that bronze without patina is bright.
    I know you didn't make the claim, unfortunately it did not nest the quotes as I was trying to keep the whole thread and you were the latest "reply"

my copy is is very shiny and is quite heavy, but that doesn't say much

It looks like Aluminum bronze to me, and the weight would seem to bear that out. If it is, it is a better choice of material than bearing bronze.

Quote Originally Posted by Thetasigma View Post
    It looks like Aluminum bronze to me, and the weight would seem to bear that out. If it is, it is a better choice of material than bearing bronze.
    +1 See my post #7. It is sad that they do not expose the full alloy name. That could have removed many questions. But by color it reminds nickel aluminum bronze the most. And if Acebeam used that alloy it is a huge "+" for them as it is the best one.
    Last edited by vadimax; 01-07-2017 at 01:04 PM.

I read here that it was brass if it's not that great , I like bronze as long as it keep a shine .

+1 See my post #7. It is sad that they do not expose the full alloy name. That could have removed many questions. But by color it reminds nickel aluminum bronze the most. And if Acebeam used that alloy it is a huge "+" for them as it is the best one.
    It is not bronze. Made from brass, with a 3 layer electro-plate.

Here is the proof from an X-Ray Flourescence spectroscopic analysis of the metal used. You can skip down to the "addendum" where two more tests were done with the electroplating stripped off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/...bronze_review/
    Last edited by RobertB; 03-23-2017 at 08:28 PM. Reason: spelling

Acebeam EC35 bronze with surface coating, it's looks like the following picture before coating;
    Attachment 4793

Quote Originally Posted by RobertB View Post
    It is not bronze. Made from brass, with a 3 layer electro-plate. Acebeam is lying and purposely trying to deceive the customer. Furthermore, since their dealers found out it is made of brass, Acebeam is telling the dealers to continue the lie, and keep the customer confused.

Here is the proof from an X-Ray Flourescence spectroscopic analysis of the metal used. You can skip down to the "addendum" where two more tests were done with the electroplating stripped off.

https://www.reddit.com/r/flashlight/...bronze_review/
    No arguing with that, composition makes it C360 brass, the usual free machining grade used in many parts. Inferior to Aluminum Bronzes and lacking the characteristics of Bronze. Slightly cheaper and much easier to machine. The deception is really the most disappointing part though.