Want an extension "device"

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
I would like to be able to put 2 batteries in my single battery lights, sometimes. Why aren't extension tubes ///// devices available?

EDIT --

Replacing the tailcap with one that has a buck/boost circuit so you get the amps at the same voltage. Or even a mechanical method -- run a thin conductor from the - pole of the first battery back to the tail, and another from the + of the second battery forwards to the head. The batteries don't touch.

Last edited:

Bdm82

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Want an extension tube

I would like to be able to put 2 batteries in my single battery lights, sometimes. Why aren't extension tubes available?
Single battery lights, if extended tubes are used, would be putting the batteries in series. So two 3.7V 18650 batteries lined up end to end will produce 7.4V, frying the drivers in many lights as they were designed for less Voltage.

To extend runtime without increasing V, the batteries would need to be setup in parallel (think side by side, both pointing same direction). Simple extension tubes wouldn't do this.

lumen aeternum

Enlightened
Re: Want an extension tube

Yes, I should have said "extension device." Replacing the tailcap with one that has a buck/boost circuit so you get the amps at the same voltage. Or even a mechanical method -- run a thin conductor from the - pole of the first battery back to the tail, and another from the + of the second battery forwards to the head. The batteries don't touch.

Sundancer268

Newly Enlightened
I believe ThruNite Archer 1A / 2A V2 has this feature where you can use one or two batteries, I think this would be a neat feature for Finex to copy if it is not patented.:D