Fenix Outfitters        
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Photos of OR Triples, The BOSS is here Post away!

Default Photos of OR Triples, The BOSS is here Post away!

I figured we would get the new year kicked off, albeit a few hours early, with some OR Triple goodness. With the BOSS release it is time to pay homage to it by posting photos of it and all the OR Triples out there. I can't find my WASP pics, so someone please post a few for me! lol

EDIT: 1/1/17: If you post a BOSS, please post what Batch you got it from. If you have any other triple, try and list the year you got it, if you can remember. lol

Some Amber love:

Surefire Triple Copper E2e 2x18350/1x18650
    Light Engine - 2. Triple R33 Redome XPL (30w)
    Acquisition Time: Fifth Day of November, 2015 Anno Domini.

Amber BOSS: Batch #2.
    BOSS 35 Clicky - 7075 Patina
    Light Engine - 6. Triple A33 XPL HI (30w)
    Acquisition Time: 15:06 ZULU, on the Twenty Eighth Day of December, 2016 Anno Domini.
    Last edited by Str8stroke; 01-01-2017 at 10:08 AM. Reason: Additional information. We like Information.
    Interested in Saltytri lights. Pm me!

Default Re: Photos of OR Triples, The BOSS is here Post away!

Last edited by ElectronGuru; 01-01-2017 at 12:15 AM.

Flashaholic*

Robe, what do you think of the difference between red and amber secondary color.

Oh you guys have some nice pieces!
    Flashlight Nut, that WASP rig is nice! What cells you running in that? And you have TWO E's! lol Awesome

Robe, I forgot you scored two BOSS! Nice!

eraursls1984, I have both. I much prefer the Amber. When they first came out, I got a Red WASP. I was in love. I use the red for navigation around the house. When I saw the Amber available on the SF Triples, I ordered Amber to try out. Not thinking I would like it as much as the red, boy was I surprised. I LOVE the Amber. I find it is ever so slightly brighter, and easy on the eyes. I find that tasks in total darkness are easier with the Amber. It gives me better color identification of things. Now, don't get me wrong, I still like the Red, but just much prefer the Amber.

I usually have the Amber programmed as mode 2 on my SF. So, on first click I have a Task level (sorta a medium output), then Amber. It works well around the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Str8stroke View Post
    Oh you guys have some nice pieces!
    Flashlight Nut, that WASP rig is nice! What cells you running in that? And you have TWO E's! lol Awesome
    Thanks. I was very fortunate and lucky to land these lights. I actually just sold the black copper v5 head to an esteemed member who was looking for one. I do plan on getting a BOSS Black HA combo when they become available. I carry the natural E2E daily.
    In the WASP I am running two AW 18500 unprotected IMRs.
    That's a nice pair you're sporting also.

Default Photos of OR Triples, The BOSS is here Post away!

Quote Originally Posted by eraursls1984 View Post
    Robe, what do you think of the difference between red and amber secondary color.
    Side by side I liked amber more. I didn't notice THAT much of a difference in use, though I only tested with fairly ruined night vision. But both seemed to accomplish he same thing. Amber was slightly more pleasing to me, but it was nearly a toss up. If I had red only I wouldn't be upset.

Robe, I forgot you scored two BOSS! Nice!

Kind if by accident. I wanted the 219 but on first stop I forgot to toggle the box and bought an XPL. By the time I noticed they were all gone.

I gave it a shot again at second gone scored a 219, but I was part of the oversold lot, so they offered to change my order to an XPL, heh. Figured it gave me a chance to try both secondary colors.
    Last edited by Robe; 01-02-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Same here-Tried for the 219 but got the OS email so I got the Red as well. I think the cool boxes will no longer be included in future releases.
    Quote Originally Posted by Robe View Post
    Side by side I liked amber more. I didn't notice THAT much of a difference in use, though I only tested with fairly ruined night vision. But both seemed to accomplish he same thing. Amber was slightly more pleasing to me, but it was nearly a toss up. If I had red only I wouldn't be upset.

Kind if by accident. I wanted the 219 but on first stop I forgot to toggle the box and bought an XPL. By the time I noticed they were all gone.

I gave it a shot again at second gone scored a 219, but I was part of the oversold lot, so they offered to change my order to an XPL, heh. Figured it gave me a chance to try both secondary colors.

Is that red a lot darker (the patina), or is it the lighting?

It is a lot darker in person. Most are dark if you look at OR's batch pics. You can see a couple lighter ones. Not sure
    why they vary-must be time in the tumbler.

Quote Originally Posted by Robe View Post
    Is that red a lot darker (the patina), or is it the lighting?
    Last edited by YummyBacon!; 01-19-2017 at 07:14 PM.

Nice. I like that darker look a lot!

Flashaholic*

Awesome pics there folks! I really dig the boxes. Very unique. Nothing as cool as a BOSS tucked safely in some Tactical Straw! Ha. Actually my first thought was that it was a Straw Purchase.

That darker patina does look very good. I wonder how well the patina will hold up? I am not too worried. It will wear well with use. Also, seeing this patina on a aluminum light gives me the idea to strip & tumble one of my banged up AL lights laying around. I have some oven cleaner and a tumbler. I may go for it. I have tumbled some Ti and it looked awesome.

Flashaholic*

Awesome pics there folks! I really dig the boxes. Very unique. Nothing as cool as a BOSS tucked safely in some Tactical Straw! Ha. Actually my first thought was that it was a Straw Purchase.
    That's funny because I did buy two as a straw purchase (not the ones in the picture). Talking with someone a couple weeks before they dropped I was told it I could snag two Nichia's they would trade me a Ti MAC for one and buy the other.

My BOSS and easilyled's BOSS.

~ Chance

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

How often do you get to see a BOSS actually working?

~ Chance

Never point a flashlight at anything you don't intend to illuminate! Never buy a flashlight you have to make payments on.

Looks more like it's supervising.

Flashaholic*

Quote Originally Posted by Chauncey Gardiner View Post
    How often do you get to see a BOSS actually working?

~ Chance
    Everyday!

Although it's too big to carry everyday in work slacks so I'll go back to my P2 soon.

Well, it was working, before. The illumination tasks were completed at the time of the photo. I think it was waiting for a beer.

~ Chance

Well, it was working, before. The illumination tasks were completed at the time of the photo. I think it was waiting for a beer.

~ Chance
    That's reasonable.

Cool machine, E84. What is it?

~ CG
    Coffee break.

Post Re: Photos of OR Triples, The BOSS is here Post away!

Here's one from back in the day, in the background is an OR M2-50

First round BOSS, shown at work (actually it's taking a break) in a paper mill.
    (edit) - I hadn't seen the posts above concerning work / coffee break / time for a beer when I posted this one...

I need to do an updated photo of my OR material. Many of the early triples in the first photo have been sold and new ones added.

I took some photos of the unpacking, with the straw and the bag. I was going to post it while many were still waiting for their BOSS in the first round, but I didn't want to spoil what I thought was a great "experience" opening my BOSS and having a very pleasant surprise with the quality packaging.
    Last edited by nfetterly; 01-04-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Flashaholic*

Cool machine, E84. What is it?

~ CG
    Actually, it's a piece of crap! It's a Kodak Ngenuity scanner. Slower and more of a pain than our old ones. The only reason for "upgrading" was because of the shift from XP to Windows 7.
    Last edited by eraursls1984; 01-10-2017 at 04:21 PM.

No photo of my BOSS - you all know what they look like! Mine is from the December release - BOSS 35 with amber secondary. XPL emitters at 4000. I've carried nothing else since receiving it.

Tonight I was at my brother's house out in just a bit in the country. I'm terrible with distance so I don't know how far to the wood line, but it has to be over 100 yards. The dog in the lower left section of the photo is a little terrier.

I was doing a quick 'sweep' of the edge of the woods to see if there were any deer lurking. I was shocked at the throw and the utter wall of light this pocket rocket puts out! It was pitch dark - no outside lights on...no light pollution.

Nice shots everyone. Some I haven't seen before. Really really neat. Please keep them coming. Great idea for some beam shots. I may go out tonight and try and snap one or two. In the meantime, I was goofing off with my "Fat Daddy" OR Defense Light 26650 with V5 Triple 33 drop in with Red and took some quick cell pics. I find this one to be a fun light! Due to the heft, you know you are carrying a beast in your pocket. I put it into my rear pocket and pull it out by the para cord lanyard.

and one more:

Flashaholic*

Nice shots everyone. Some I haven't seen before. Really really neat. Please keep them coming. Great idea for some beam shots. I may go out tonight and try and snap one or two. In the meantime, I was goofing off with my "Fat Daddy" OR Defense Light 26650 with V5 Triple 33 drop in with Red and took some quick cell pics. I find this one to be a fun light! Due to the heft, you know you are carrying a beast in your pocket. I put it into my rear pocket and pull it out by the para cord lanyard.
    Beautiful light. I decided that light was going to get me into the P60 modules, but I was waiting on a NA one. The N/A never came back instock and now all are discontinued.

Lux Ex Tenebris

-My Lights

B.O.S.S. at Disney's Magic Kingdom, TomorrowLand

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast